MagnetoSpeed V3 Vs Labradar

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Sgt. grizz, Aug 13, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Labradar

67.9%
  2. MagnetoSpeed V3

32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. amce

amce Well-Known Member

I had this problem with the strap loosening on recoil too. Now I put a spacer on the top-side of the barrel as well. Problem solved!

Cheers

2. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

If you want to "soup up" the MS Sporter, get the $25 phone/tablet dongle & the free app. You can control the Sporter's functions and see the shot data through the app and even email and send them to your computer with in a CSV file.
    I personally have 2 Sporter's, to maximize my range time with multiple rifles, for the price of the V3.

3. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

5BE70777-4674-4AEB-8D82-97E9A2678E04.jpeg Here is my mod for the wiser connection.

4. Gobears16

Gobears16 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right spot but since there are lot of guys who use the Labrador.... I can’t seem to switch series back and forth from rifles. I’ll shoot three rifles when I go to the range. After I shoot rifle #1 I start a new “series” for rifle #2. My question is how do I go back to rifle #1 and pick up where I left off on that rifles data?

5. marchboom

marchboom Active Member

I just don't like hanging anything on the barrel. Amortize the Labradar cost over the next 40 years and it isn't that expensive for the convenience you get. Life is too short to waste time at the range setting up a chronograph.

6. Steve Metz

Steve Metz Active Member LRH Team Member

Still have a Chrony I never use since getting a Labrador. A lot more money but well worth it! Works fantastic!

7. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

You can't go back and continue a previous string. Just have to start a new string and compare and do your own math.

8. Tulsa Reiner

Tulsa Reiner Well-Known Member

With Magnetospeed, you CAN resume a string after stopping shooting and turning off the machine.

jasonco likes this.
  9. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

That is a great feature.

10. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

Anyone get the Labrador to work with a bow? Tried it tonight. Not good. Had a large tree overhead, maybe that messed it up?

11. Mc Fraser

Mc Fraser Well-Known Member

I have the labradar but I didn’t bought any of the accessories. I used an old laptop bag and I wrap in bubble wrap, I bought a 20,000mAh battery pack of eBay or alibaba I can’t remember for $20 and I have the plate stand that I made myself and cost $15 and a tripod of amazon for $30. I’m happy with it, tbh it’s pretty easy to setup once you watch a few tutorials. I have mine on target and slightly pointing upwards

12. kiwikid

kiwikid Well-Known Member

With the LabRadar you also can turn the unit off and then once turned back on you can continue adding shots to the last series/string. You just can't add shots to any previous series.

Sgt. grizz likes this.
  13. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Wiser Precision Chrono Mount 20190819_140354.jpg

14. BoatTail

BoatTail Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I asked Magnetospeed about this and they said it was a non-issue. They sent me these two diagrams to explain how to set it up with a muzzle brake

Attached Files:

IanCo likes this.