magnetospeed recalibration

Snowbird

i have a MS sporter that has recently begun to show a 100-300fps variation in factory ammo. the wide ES doesn't seem representative of what is happening down range. everything is still grouping sub moa out to past 700 yards. any other time i've had an issue with the magnetospeed it has been related to the bayonet moving or not being at the right gap from the travel of the projectile. i've ruled these out through careful observation in this instance. so that has me questioning if there is a recalibration procedure for these?

So your not getting any of the error codes as per the instructions then???

Have you increased the sensitivity to see is it changes??

Changed the battery for a fresh one & tried again??

I've not seen or heard of a re calibration process!

The only think I can suggest is to try to re configure from FPS to MPS & back again.

Maybe uninstall XFR & re install??

That failing I would email them directly & ask a technician but I would suggest all they will say is you probably haven't got the bayonet set up correctly.

[email protected]

Last edited:
no error messages at all.

i did recently change the battery. it was new and passed the tongue test with no chance i'll be retesting anytime soon. the multi meter was out in the garage and i'm lazy today.

i'm not sure that the sporter has an adjustable sensitivity. i think that's set with distance and angle on the bayonet.

no error messages at all.

i did recently change the battery. it was new and passed the tongue test with no chance i'll be retesting anytime soon. the multi meter was out in the garage and i'm lazy today.

i'm not sure that the sporter has an adjustable sensitivity. i think that's set with distance and angle on the bayonet.
Yes it has 2 sensitivity levels, have a look at the instructions-

The other thing I would do check to see if there is a firmware update?

I'll check that next week. Funny thing is it has always been reliable until last season. I've had it a while now but don't use it often due to poi shifts on some of my pencil barrels. Maybe I'll pull out the old Chrono for some validation while I'm at it.

I'll check that next week. Funny thing is it has always been reliable until last season. I've had it a while now but don't use it often due to poi shifts on some of my pencil barrels. Maybe I'll pull out the old Chrono for some validation while I'm at it.
I've never had an issue with mine so it is strange.

On a side note, if you didnt know, there are a few off barrel aftermarket mount for the bayonets over there.
I saw it on here on another thread, looks really good, its $100US for memory.

Id love one but dont know if I can get it sent here & its probably nearly as much for postage if they do send it?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.