Magneto Sporter users...

Despotes

I just placed an order for this to be used with my 338 Lapua Improved build. Anybody have any problems with this Sporter version and larger calibers?

I have the Sporter that has been used to gather data for several rifles up to 300 WM. I know this info does not specifically answer your question concerning larger calibers, but I don't see how larger calibers would effect its performance. I have had ZERO issues thus far with the one I have. Great unit in my opinion for the price point.

If you put it on correctly there won't be any problem. Had mine out this morning with a .284 and a 7mm STW; all went very well.
I own a Sporter and a V1 and both work flawlessly.
One suggestion:
The other models come with a 1/4 inch square tube that you can use the check the clearance between the bore and the bayonet. The Sporter doesn't come with that ( at least mine didn't) so it might be a good idea to stop by a local hobby shop and pick up a length of that to lay across the top of the bayonet and extend to the muzzle to make sure of clearances.

If you put it on correctly there won't be any problem. Had mine out this morning with a .284 and a 7mm STW; all went very well.
I own a Sporter and a V1 and both work flawlessly.
One suggestion:
The other models come with a 1/4 inch square tube that you can use the check the clearance between the bore and the bayonet. The Sporter doesn't come with that ( at least mine didn't) so it might be a good idea to stop by a local hobby shop and pick up a length of that to lay across the top of the bayonet and extend to the muzzle to make sure of clearances.

I use a soft drink straw from the glove box of the truck. lightbulb

I order one myself. Primary Arms has them on sale for 152. Just need a straw now.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.