Magazines that will fit coal of over 4.5"

Backcountry_IDN

Mightve decided on a cartridge. Wont have to fireform, brass is cheaper, and from what it sounds like, a hurting on elk.

Thinking either the 33xc or 37xc

But, from talking and looking at the creators (David Tubb) informative article, I'll need a magazine that will fit close to a 4.7"coal.

Anyone out there know of anyone that makes one? If not I might have to rethink again. Or try for an internal mag. If, a stock could even handle an internal that big. Dont really care to single shot either.

I have no idea, but would liken to hear what you find.

Curious is a magazine a deal breaker?
Might not be. I'm wanting this for a big elk gun. Or when I head to Alaska someday. Mostly incorporating for hunting purposes.

If I can get away with an internal magazine that would be fine with me as well

He said on his post that he's single feeding for accuracy
Shoot him an email, he still may have an answer for you.

You could call Barrett and Cheytac as well and see what they use for their 50's. I'm pretty sure AICS at least at one time was producing some for some of their rifles but it's definitely a very limited number who do.

Shoot him an email, he still may have an answer for you.

You could call Barrett and Cheytac as well and see what they use for their 50's. I'm pretty sure AICS at least at one time was producing some for some of their rifles but it's definitely a very limited number who do.

Definitely will today. I'll shoot a couple emails around and see as so. Thank you! I'll let you know what i find.

I was reading an article on the 33 and 37 xc, said stiller makes the tactical 408 cheytac action. But would have to ask them to make it with a .580 bolt face. That would be a start, would have to see what stocks are available for it. Sure you would be able to find a mag that would fit the cheytac cartridges. Hope this helps

I'm really thinging about building a 33xc on a trg-s sako action would have to be a signal shot. The only problem would be to remove the shell if I was unable to shot it. Would have to remove the bolt as I'm not sure how I could release it from the extractor. I'm sure it would load ok though. I did see PTG does make reamers for it.

spoke to stiller about the 408tac and if possible to get a one with a. 580 bolt face, specifically for a 37xc build & as of a month ago he told me they don't offer it with that option. Who knows, if he gets enough people asking perhaps they would consider doing a few and see if they sell. I went with the tac 338,but I was only interested in the single shot. With my 37xc I didn't consider running a magazine at all,so it worked out. And the tac 338 actions loading port works fine with 353's and new berger solids in 407gr. @ coal 4.55" if that's any help.

spoke to stiller about the 408tac and if possible to get a one with a. 580 bolt face, specifically for a 37xc build & as of a month ago he told me they don't offer it with that option. Who knows, if he gets enough people asking perhaps they would consider doing a few and see if they sell. I went with the tac 338,but I was only interested in the single shot. With my 37xc I didn't consider running a magazine at all,so it worked out. And the tac 338 actions loading port works fine with 353's and new berger solids in 407gr. @ coal 4.55" if that's any help.
Tan
Thanks for the info. I will give them a call. Like you said maybe other would call as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.