Magazine for 338 Edge

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
What would be my best option for a magazine for a 338 edge that I'm having built?? I had an HS ordered b/c I could get one so cheap but they just told me that I'm at least 2 more months out on it (and I ordered it the first of Nov!!). So to heck w/them. I'm looking for other options. I kinda like the detachable mags but would consider a floor plate as well.

Bill
I love my detachable other than the stupid raddle when empty.
DON'T cancel your order it might still be here before you find a replacement.
you would think they would be easier to get!!
CAM

How about a Wyatts...................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill,

I use alot of Wyatt's mags (not the center feed ones). They allow at least 3.775" OAL. There is a manufacture in process of building a center feed drop box mag that will allow 3.900" OAL and capacity of 4 or 8 rounds in 338 Edge. I hope to have them in the fairly near future.

I know you don't know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. How soon is the fairly near future??

If I go w/the Wyatt, what bottom metal??? Weight is of concern as well.

Yes it will. I try not to get to wild about these things until I have them in my hot little hands. The good news is that as long as you are using standard Rem footprint bottom metal you can always put one on later. I try not to time frame things because I know how things go.

[ QUOTE ]
I try not to time frame things because I know how things go.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a smart answer. That way you don't turn into the bad guy!!

I don't know if they plan on offering different mags in the future.I was told this system was supposedly designed to offer a larger capacity for miltary applications.

I don't know if they plan on offering different mags in the future.I was told this system was supposedly designed to offer a larger capacity for miltary applications.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.