Magazine Boxes for 338 Lapua

284stak

Have ordered a Stiller 338TAC action for a 338 impLapua build. Jerry was mentioning that an easy way to go on the magazine box, is to use the 378 Weatherby magazine box/bottom metal. Does anyone know how far out I could seat using this magazine box? My other thoughts were to use the HS precision DM which would allow an OAL of 3.670, or the Wyatts DM system. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Seekins Precision

Hi Glen Seekins at seekinsprecision will be releasing a detachable unit next month they will handle a 3.900" loaded cartridge they are the best I have seen and he will have them available next month on tne 14th.

Cheers Bill
Australia

From Seekins DMS taking orders - Sniper's Hide Forums:
I know there are allot of you waiting patiently for me to start taking orders for the detachable mag kit. Im happy to say that we are ready!

We are ready to take orders on the 223, standard short action (308 family) and Lapua kits only. In a few weeks we will start taking orders for the Long action and Short action WSM kits. The detachable mag kit consists of bottom metal, one 5rd magazine, pillars and installation instructions.

Delivery will start Monday, April 14th on the 223, Standard short action and Lapua kits.

Price:
SA kits $289.99
Lapua kit $309.99

Extra 5rd magazines:
223, .308 = 54.99 Each
338 Lapua 64.99 Each

Special into price…The first 20-30 orders that can pre-pay for their mag system will get the mag kit with 2, 5rd mags delivered (in the USA) for $325.00. I can take your credit card over the phone and may or may not charge you previous to shipping. DO NOT pm me with your order. It's hard enough to keep everything sorted. PHONE or E-MAIL me only please. Please title the e-mail DM special.

I will have everyone's regular messages returned tonight if you are still waiting (I know a bunch of you are) so don't fear the phone or e-mail, it does work I just get overrun at times

Answers to popular questions from SHOT: (I will add to this as questions come up)

This kit uses an AR style side button release and is not ambidextrous. It is easy and comfortable to change a mag if you are left handed. Not one left handed person had any problems changing a mag.
Lots of people ask why we did a proprietary magazine. The reason is because we did not want to rely on another manufacture to produce magazines and then modify them to work with our side release or rely on them for supply.
OAL on the magazines are, 223-2.6", .308 – 2.9", Lapua 3.9"
Inletting WILL need to be done to your stock. It is NOT a drop in kit.
Magazines are black parkerized steel
Magazines are our own design and no other magazines will fit.
The bottom metal is made of aluminum and is hard anodized
The magazines do not come apart. They can easily be cleaned out with water or air.
10 rd magazines will eventually be available for 223 and 308 kits but not at this time
Lapua mags will work with ultra mag cases but the feed lips may need bent in a little bit
Pillars are included in the kit to control the distance from the action to the bottom metal

Too late for the special intro price now, I believe, but you can still order one at regular price :)

Hope that helps.

-Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.