Made it to AZ

Elkeater

Well we have officially moved from our home in NW Colorado to Globe AZ. We made the trek down this past weekend and the house is a mess with all the boxes but it feels good to be here. Liking the look of all the potential hunting opportunities here too.

Anyone else close by?

Welcome to AZ Elkeater, I'm a couple hours south of you in Tucson.

There are a lot of things to do all around the state. For the summer there is a lot of good fishing, I like it just north of you by Payson, the rim lakes, good spots for trout and we get away from the heat. South of me there's some good bass fishing. Lots of nice camping areas also.

I'm not too familiar with the Phoenix area but I'm sure some will chime in

Hope you and your family enjoy it here and stay safe. Let me know if you have questions.

Don't be disappointed but most everything is a draw, thats why I am looking to move to Idaho.
Tarey

Don't be disappointed but most everything is a draw, thats why I am looking to move to Idaho.
Tarey

I think I'll be ok. The OTC thing in Colorado was not my favorite thing in world. Besides I travel to other states to hunt frequently. This year I have a Nevada deer tag, a WY antelope tag, a CO Deer tag, and I usually hunt TX once or twice a year because most of my wife's family lives there.

Well we have officially moved from our home in NW Colorado to Globe AZ. We made the trek down this past weekend and the house is a mess with all the boxes but it feels good to be here. Liking the look of all the potential hunting opportunities here too.
Good luck
Anyone else close by?

I'm in west Phoenix by White Tanks Park. Curious how you ended up in Globe?
There are many deer opportunities for you in unit 24 and 23. All draw tags. Coues and Muley tags.
The Young road from Roosevelt will take you straight up to the Rim, for elk and various fishing opportunities. Elevation there is about 7300 average.
To the east is tribal lands for all species but expensive, like hunting out of state.
Let me know if you need any specifics. Welcome.

Welcome to AZ. I live in Mesa now but was born and raised in Superior which is about 25 miles to west of you. Another small mining town. Grew up hunting 23, 24a and b, and 37b. Great area and if you archery hunt you can hunt every year.

Welcome, assuming you are in the mining industry. My grandparents lived in Globe in the 20's. Was there last month taking Bob Wright's Young road. Nice drive, but glad we didn't take the fifthwheel since the bridge over the salt river is only 12'. There's some big muleys in Nevada, good luck on all your hunts.

I'm in west Phoenix by White Tanks Park. Curious how you ended up in Globe?
There are many deer opportunities for you in unit 24 and 23. All draw tags. Coues and Muley tags.
The Young road from Roosevelt will take you straight up to the Rim, for elk and various fishing opportunities. Elevation there is about 7300 average.
To the east is tribal lands for all species but expensive, like hunting out of state.
Let me know if you need any specifics. Welcome.
Welcome, assuming you are in the mining industry. My grandparents lived in Globe in the 20's. Was there last month taking Bob Wright's Young road. Nice drive, but glad we didn't take the fifthwheel since the bridge over the salt river is only 12'. There's some big muleys in Nevada, good luck on all your hunts.

So I'm actually not in the mining industry which is apparently why most folks end up here. I'm a forest service guy. One of those deals where you got to move on to move up. My wife wanted a warmer climate as being from Texas she did not like -50 in CO. So I applied to come here. So far I actually really like the area. Towns big enough to have everything we need and small enough where I don't feel like I'm in a city.

I'm an archery hunter so I'm looking forward to the hunting opportunities.

Welcome. I live in Camp Verde and my wife is from Globe. Her family all still lives there so we're there quite a few times a year. My father in law has a ranch out of town to the north of globe and my dad runs the neighboring ranch to the north of that that runs to the salt river. There's some good deer hunting around there. Hoping to spend some time with my dad in December. He drew the late 24a coues tag this year.

Pretty stoked about the deer possibilities. I know the December rifle tags are a tough draw but how's the hunting in the earlier October or November seasons before the rut?