Made in the USA important to you?

Bottom line. Toyota and Nisson are owned by Japanese and we are making them the profit. Yes we are employed but they are no means American companies. I won't buy them . I'll keep buying Fords thank you. Something about harbor bombers I won't forgive. We destroyed them. Built them back up. And then they take control of out economy . Something wrong there . Oh, I know. Not PC. I don't give a flip. I'm American. America first. This post will probably get deleted .
Some companies have tax havens in other countries and pay taxes (lower) to those countries.

I would like to know why buying USA products are important to you -not if. You probably have multiple reasons why.
I think products made in the US in small shops are great quality. Those tradesmen tinker and improve and are usually trying to make the best product they can. Large-scale manufacturing in the USA is the opposite.
I love my SAKO.

Last edited:
I purchased a poster off the internet, a few months back. American flag poster with a woman holding a rifle on it. It took six weeks to arrive, was shipped from China, and tube arrived with no poster in it. It's getting out of hand.

Have the same feeling about American made high end shotguns. Kolar makes the best trap and sporting clays guns on the market. They are built and priced to compete with Krieghoff and Perazzi. I often wonder why some trap shooters will by a German or Italian gun when one that has better internals and as good furniture is made in Racine, Wisconsin.

Have the same feeling about American made high end shotguns. Kolar makes the best trap and sporting clays guns on the market. They are built and priced to compete with Krieghoff and Perazzi. I often wonder why some trap shooters will by a German or Italian gun when one that has better internals and as good furniture is made in Racine, Wisconsin.

Because some of us don't live in that price range. We live in the M90, 686 price range.
And in that price range there is a distinct difference in the way they fit then the Japanese offerings from John and Roy

Because some of us don't live in that price range. We live in the M90, 686 price range.
And in that price range there is a distinct difference in the way they fit then the Japanese offerings from John and Roy
Most of us don't live in that price range. It was not a statement of class, just an observation of the availability of U.S. made high quality firearms available to the those who have the means to participate at those levels. I applaud those with the means to purchase firearms at the high end of the market as it fuels the research opportunities and substantially improves the products offered to the general public. A rising tide lifts all boats.

No offense taken, I shot 870 & 500 pumpers for years, stepped up to 1100 auto loaders when I got older and had more $. When I got into doubles, obsolete L.C. Smith's (SXS in general), and the like were just not my bag, fit was a problem with the Jap imports, had no interest in the Turks, etc..Came across the Italians and Bingo! Fit like a glove, sold all my heavy steel 1100's and switched to Benelli autos and Beretta O/U's. I still have the 500, 870, and a Red Label. But for my torso and LOP the off the shelf Italian SG's fit better.

I would like to know why buying USA products are important to you -not if. You probably have multiple reasons why.
I think products made in the US in small shops are great quality. Those tradesmen tinker and improve and are usually trying to make the best product they can. Large-scale manufacturing in the USA is the opposite.
I love my SAKO.
and my tikka

I try to buy American when I can, especially in the area of firearms accessories. In the area of accessories there are some very innovative products coming from small American companies. Sawtooth rifles, Armageddon Gear, RRS to name a few that I have patronized recently.

But I have to acknowledge that when it comes to firearms there are some very good options, often from Europe.
Case in point are my two most recent rifles. The Remington formed the basis for a quality rifle but the action required a lot of work and the Krieger barrel is amazing but expensive. The Manners stock is pricey too. All components are American. The end result is a fantastically accurate rifle that represented exactly what I wanted. By contrast my Tikka is straight from the factory and every bit as accurate at about 1/2 the cost. Both are different approaches to PRS match rifles and both have worked well in competition.

I will go out of my way to avoid Chinese. I'll be buying an American tripod and not the Chinese alternative.

I try to patronize small business whenever I can afford it and, though I am very far from being rich, I thank almighty God that I can afford a few quality toys here and there. Maybe I'm naive but I feel like small businesses pay their workers better, and take pride in their products. Customer service is usually better too.

I buy American made when possible. It is important to me to buy American when I can, and I also make sure I am paying for quality products instead of junk when possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts