Machining my own rings

Bjt308

I bought a new scope recently that has a 34 mm tube so I decided to machine some rings for it. They are made out of 303 stainless and I built a level into the back ring. They turned out really good and are pretty heavy duty.
Brad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 94
Sorry the photos aren't upright. I loaded them from my iPod and it was giving me issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 75
It will only let me post one picture at time for some reason as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 71
++1, I think you just created a lot of potential with those posted pics, impressive

These are some gun rest that I recently made. They are made out of billet aluminum. They are threaded for 1/4-20 so most tripods will work with them. They have rubber pads on them so when you clamp down on your gun it doesn't scratch it. When clamped on the middle of your gun the tripod and gun can stand by themselves which can be great for coyote hunting because you can have you hands free but you gun is still up and ready. These are also ideal for shooting on steep hills. Shooting sticks and bipods are always to short when shootig off steep hills but tripods a much more adjustable. The rest will accept guns from about 1.6-2.7 inches wide and just about any forearm style.
They are $125.00 a piece plus 5.00 for shipping. PayPal, money orders, or certified checks are taken. I only have 5 of them. Email me at [email protected] or give me a text or call at 435-535-5361
Brad Trauntvein

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business.

You may not link to any commercial non-Sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non-Sponsor business in your Username, Signature or in your Public Profile including the Home Page found there. This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business (Bill's Accurate Guns). You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text or pictures. Non-Sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non-Sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM Sent" or "email sent" and the conduct their business off line.

Sponsors are allowed to post anywhere in the forums.

I didn't mean to break any rules. It hadn't occurred to me that it would be a problem. I do not own a business just am a part time machinist while going to school. Me and my brother made 5 of the gun rests. One for each of us and we thought we would try and sell the other 3. I would delete those posts but don't know how. If you can feel free to delete them as I am not trying to run or promote a business in anyway.

I must say, thery are nice rings and rests and something I've considered making myself (I own a machine shop) but never have. Good food for thought anywany.

Don't be too put off by Len's comments, this is, after all, a for profit forum, which, I haven't an issue with.

So long as the information exchange stays non- profit (between posters), all is well.

Good luck with your adventures.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.