mach 5

I assume you are talking about klauses 375/50BMG?Had mine to the range for load developement last week.Found a good accurate load(209 grains) but its only goin 3750fps with H50BMG,have gotten 4450fps with 872.Hard to find a bullet to take advantage of all that powder.
You find one of the 20 did ya?
CJ
[/URL]
37550bmg223.jpg

The MackV is the full stockt unit on right.
verminthumperboomer.jpg

I don't have the Mach V yet I am in the planning stage right now.I am very interested in your loads for this round as i plan to build one in the future. Do you have any idea about barrel life and length
of barrel needed? Appreciate your reply and will look forward to more information, thank you Mach V !!

Spendy propasition!The dies can be ordered from 4-D but your gona need six of them.A resizing,a seater and four forming dies(I would be interested in splitting the cost of the forming dies as I only got 50 cases with the gun when I baught it and the headstamps are mixed)as you can see the base of the neck is pulled out and the cases need reemed & neck turned when your done forming.
The barrel on all of the Mack Vs I know about are 36" Lother Walthers.There was one for sale a while back,supose to be the last that Klaus made but I think he was asking $7000 complete with all the dies and scope.
As for loads 209grains of 872 behind a 250 grain Barns will get you to 4450fps but it is very temp sensitive and veries a lot.I loaded 209grains of H50BMG with velosities of between 3703 & 3753fps.It heats up real fast,three rounds in a 1/2hour is about it for accuracy & barrel life(Klaus had over 600 rounds through his without a lot of ware).It was also reported that he topt out at 5300fps with a 230 grain Barns but I have not pushed it that hard to know.
If I was to build one(kicking around the idea but $$$)I would shorten the case to hold 130 grains and neck it to 338(better bullet selection).There are a couple of bullet makers that could buld a heavier,higher BC bullet but they are busy right now and just in planning stages.I think the MachV has potential but there is not currently a slow enough powder or a heavy enough bullet to utilize it right now.Found out the other day that the new 260 grain Nosler will take 3800 fps but have not shot it for groups yet(the darn thing was blowing the scope around in the Warn rings).
It would be great to have someone else to share info with as I am flying blind on this one.
Are you getting the reamer from Larry Lyle at States Arms or making up a new one?
CJ

Thanks for info Mach V I'm still in the money accumulating mode right now, will be glad to get with you on sharing some of the items, will save us both some coins!Don't get me started on a .338 version, the.338 is by far and away my farorite caliber.I have seen it do some mean things to game at long range.I will get my buddy on some powder to push some of these bullets he is pretty sharp(rocket scientist) on matters of propulsion.Keep in touch and when I get ready to rock I will let you know, I will also be on the search for a strong bullet with a great BC.I like the McBros actions,
and will probably go with their stock and a pac/nor barrel. Again thanks and I will be in touch.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.