M995 questions

backyardsniper

I just traded into a sako m995 in 7stw. First of all does anyone know of a picatinny rail that is made for these. Second I kind of jumped the gun and ordered 200 of the nosler accubond LR in 175 gr. Has anyone had any experience with these, they looked really good so maybe they will work out. It is coming with 40 pcs of brass. I would like to get some more if anyone has a line on where to find some. Is h1000 a good lace to start with this bullet/cartridge combo and has anyone done anything with rl33 in this cartridge. Thanks guys. I had a sendero in 7stw when I got out of high school and I have always wanted another one, really looking forward to getting started on this.

I just traded into a sako m995 in 7stw. First of all does anyone know of a picatinny rail that is made for these. Second I kind of jumped the gun and ordered 200 of the nosler accubond LR in 175 gr. Has anyone had any experience with these, they looked really good so maybe they will work out. It is coming with 40 pcs of brass. I would like to get some more if anyone has a line on where to find some. Is h1000 a good lace to start with this bullet/cartridge combo and has anyone done anything with rl33 in this cartridge. Thanks guys. I had a sendero in 7stw when I got out of high school and I have always wanted another one, really looking forward to getting started on this.
You'll just have to search online for a rail that will work. If you can't find one Murphy Precision I think will make you one custom.

The factory Nosler 175 ALR's shot well for me in three different STW's this year, haven't tried them in the fourth. More importantly I was extremely pleased with the bullet's terminal performance on deer and hogs.

H-100 and RL33 are good powders to start with. Visit our 7mm STW Forum for more load information.

Congrats.

Richard Near (NEAR Manufacturing) makes rails with a 20moa cant to them for 995's.. he's a great guy to deal with. If you need it tomorrow, he'll find a way to get it there.

I have a-few of his rails on my own 995's, the actions do have to be drilled and tapped but believe me it's worthwhile. In my own opinion Sako dovetails are a handicap in regard to rings/bases & optic selection. With a rail, your options are endless. Sky is the limit.

Google NEAR manufacturing, send him an email or give a fast phonecall.. he's usually right on top of it. I know for a fact he keeps a few 995 rails on hand. Goodluck.

The only Dovetail mount i know of is from Eurooptic.com Go to their site in the Sako section. They have ssomeone making them but cant remember who it is. If I remember correctly they run 120ish. It was a very nicely made rail

I have a Near on my M995 30/338 LM IMP and a US Optics on my 338LM, both need to be drilled and tapped but I kinda like the looks of the US Optics better.

Attachments

• Sako closeup.bmp
    551.1 KB · Views: 89
  • APS 338LM LTCU1.jpg
    APS 338LM LTCU1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 92
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts