M70 Push feed L/A mag for 3006

Scottf

I am trying to find the correct magazine for Push feed M70 L/A for 3006, I have not been able to confirm the correct magazine box identification letters. Either SS or blue will work.

I am rebarreling from 220 swift, currently has a .308 mag, to 6.5x55 with long COAL,
looking at VLD type bullet.

PM me a picture of your present mag box. I have some mag boxes for winchester that I purchased when converting my M70 to 3.6 so I may have what you need. You're trying to go from 2.85 to 3.4 correct? You'll probably need the follower too and maybe a spring.

That is correct
909F2D91-2B04-4D8B-9D13-5E57A5327326.jpeg
97C30B8C-05B7-44A6-9CD4-E9E7D2C68110.jpeg
E14E14F6-F6F1-4DCC-B9DA-59DD6E59E90E.jpeg

Judging by the magazine you posted you have an older M70 push feed. A letter B box I'm pretty positive is what was used in that action for 06 cases.

My 30'06 had a KFC in it. Here is one for sale. It is 3.43" long. It has a spot welded spacer that can be removed to make a 3.6" box. Mine was CRF, but I don't know that matters.

Midwest says this is the follower:

Mine has this in it, but unavailable.

Last edited:
No, if he is going to seat the bullets out further, he needs the extra space. He may need to get a different follower and spring. The correct spring is the important part. need one with a longer arm to keep it from tipping on the forward end. Also, May need to shorten the bolt stop.

Save the cost of the Mag box, drill out the rivets, do it all the time.
This is what I've done but you still need the follower. You also have a short action so the long action box won't fit. I've got a 1340 box(WSM) 3.040 and the follower for it. May have the spring but it's available at MGW. I'll post pictures from work to you/ this thread. I bought them for my PRC build but ended up building on a long action instead. I'll send them to you, if they work, send me $40.00. Outside length is 3.160-FYI.

No, if he is going to seat the bullets out further, he needs the extra space. He may need to get a different follower and spring. The correct spring is the important part. need one with a longer arm to keep it from tipping on the forward end. Also, May need to shorten the bolt stop.
Cycle your bolt and see if it clears your existing box completely. My CRF-LA bolt stop was fine, had to shorten my ejector though-PITA putting it back in place.

I am rebarreling from 220 swift, currently has a .308 mag, to 6.5x55 with long COAL,
looking at VLD type bullet.

Why I suggested what I have. It seems like he is trying to go from short to std length. 6.5x55 has an oal of 3.149" normally....I figure when people say long, they want about +0.1". The next mag box size is 3.4". Won't he need a mag box, follower and spring to change to 3.43".

If he changes to 3.6", won't his feeding go haywire?

I do have a long action, which I confirmed by comparing it to my M70 .308 short action. Currently the bolt stops just behind the mag block so I will need to shorten the bolt stop.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.