M70 pre64 super grade featherweight 30-06

Calfarmer

Here at my local shop got a collection in there is a pre-64 m70 in 30-06

barrels market feather weight and stock is a super grade with floor plate marked, I know this is rare if real but it came from an estate and they didn't know what they had and listed it for 650 and now once I mentioned what it was they want to investigate if it's real or not!
1f629.svg
I screwed up I shouldn't have opened my mouth!

but how do you tell if it's legit?

iron sights

stock looks untouched besides a rubber recoil pad and a few scrathes

is there suppose to be a metal grip cap? And also a metal butt plate?

front sight is missing the hood

was built in 56 or 57 I can't remember.

Is there any other way to know if it's real? Read somewhere that they have a stamp under side of barrel of "super 30-06" I'm going to check it tomorrow

Thanks for any help!

Well I planned on it just to have it but if it turns out not to be worth big money I'll take it but can't afford it if it is legit and they want 2-3000$!
I don't plan on selling just a little collection on a budget

Here at my local shop got a collection in there is a pre-64 m70 in 30-06

barrels market feather weight and stock is a super grade with floor plate marked, I know this is rare if real but it came from an estate and they didn't know what they had and listed it for 650 and now once I mentioned what it was they want to investigate if it's real or not!
1f629.svg
I screwed up I shouldn't have opened my mouth!

but how do you tell if it's legit?

iron sights

stock looks untouched besides a rubber recoil pad and a few scrathes

is there suppose to be a metal grip cap? And also a metal butt plate?

front sight is missing the hood

was built in 56 or 57 I can't remember.

Is there any other way to know if it's real? Read somewhere that they have a stamp under side of barrel of "super 30-06" I'm going to check it tomorrow

Thanks for any help!
The rubber recoil pad should red and have Winchester on it. The wood should a high grade of walnut with the sling pieces inletted into the wood.

It's not red it's a brownish color it's for sure added, it's a pacmyer but it is old if it is real in sure the guy didn't like the aluminum plate if that's what I could of had and changed it and the grade of wood I wouldn't say is as nice as I normally see has the inlayed sling swivels and black tip
Also says super grade on floor plate
Just wondering if it could be a whole different stock and bottom metal added to a featherweight

Well turned out to be legit so they say it's going to gunbroker
I won't even get a chance on a cash price
Even though 1 employee told me that it was mine for the price they had listed no matter what the outcome was

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.