M-CARBO spring kit

Hoosier Dad

Just curious if anyone has used the M-CARBO spring kit for the Encore pro hunter? The video is pretty straight forward and doesn't seem complicated to install the different springs. I love the encore muzzleloader but the trigger pull is a bit heavy for my liking.

I've done a number of them years back, with the parts coming from Bellm. The video M-CARBO has is a very good video. Well done.
Bellm carries a couple different weight hammer springs, or did. One was a 41# and the other 50# IIRC. Bellm also carries lighter trigger springs if one wanted.

WARNING! That locking lug spring will take off to parts unknown if that punch doesn't keep it in place. Even the stock spring requires compression on the table. Back in the day I used a small "C" clamp that I could just tighten and loosen. Believe me, that spring will take off!

I installed one in mine and brought it from 8.4lbs down to 11 ounces,to light for me. Contacted mcarbo and was told to blend in my used springs until I was satisfied. Ended up with a 2.14 lb pull. Just right to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts