Lyman hand primer

Lenwood901

i have this hand primer but it doesnt seat the primers all the way in leaves them about 4 thousands short and wonder what you guys are using for a good hand primers that seats them all the way thanks

I use the Frankford Arsenal one, has all of the shell holders required and can do small or large primers, you can also adjust seating depth. It is very comfortable and cost of 75.00.

This is not the first time someone complained about the Lyman not fully seating a primer.
I second the post by Kmccord about the Frankford Arsenal hand primer as you can adjust the depth of seating the primers.
I love mine

I have two. a Lee hand primer which has performed perfectly for 20 years, recently got an RCBS bench top primer tool and it works lights out as well.

i have this hand primer but it doesnt seat the primers all the way in leaves them about 4 thousands short and wonder what you guys are using for a good hand primers that seats them all the way thanks
Regardless of make and model, send it back directly to the manufacturer; they are the only ones that can fix it. If it is defective, afford them the opportunity to either replace it with one that works or refund you for it.

Like emp1953 I have backup's that may see less use since I got my Frankford Arsenal.
The old Lee hand held primer seater still works after many rounds after 40 + years and still works.I have 2 set up for small primers and large primers.They set the stage for hand held primer seaters.I saw a few on ebay a little while back but have so many that I did not even bid on them.
The Frankford Arsenal has all the shell holders in the kit.

this is the second one ive had that did the same thing so i guessing the rod is just not made long enough and thanks again for all the help

Like Feenix said send it back to Lyman.I have a RCBS given to me back many years ago and it started doing the same thing.I contacted RCBS and they said to send it in and they rebuilt the tool for free and it now works just fine but since I got the Frankford Arsenal it just sits mostly.

this is the second one ive had that did the same thing so i guessing the rod is just not made long enough and thanks again for all the help
That's fine; you should be refunded for something it does not work. Most of us have more than one priming tool. At this point, the assumption is that the priming tool is not working as advertised, but it has not been confirmed. My suggestion is to get another priming tool, "if" it is still doing the same, then it is not the priming, and you'll need to look into it deeper.

Perhaps it would help if you provide more detail, i.e., what are you loading, cartridge (6.5 CM) brass brand (Peterson has two, LRP vs. SRP), primer, etc ... The more information you can provide, the better. Good luck!