Lyman dps2 vs rcbs 1500

I have the lyman dps2 and love it. the timing for it to dispense a load for a 22-250 (35.1 gr)or my 30-06 (51.9 gr.) is just about right for seating a bullet and double checking seating depth. I combine a charge thrower and the dps2 to speed up the process for the 300 RUMs I load for (99.5 gr Retumbo and 92 gr h 1000). I throw about 50 gr in the pan and let the dispenser do the rest and timing works out well.

I have the new RCBS Chargemaster and it will dispense really quickly. I cant speak for the Lyman but I'm sure if you pick either one you will be happy.
I did a review of the Chargemaster under equipment reviews do a search on it.
Dave

bwalker:

I've got the RCBS Chargemaster and it's great. Can't imagine being without it after having and using it.

You can go "Here" to see a test on the RCBS, Lyman and Pact units.

I dont know which is best , but I do know that I reallllyy like my RCBS Chargemaster combo. Best I can remember it is faster than other similar rigs,far as I know accuracy is even on all(both ) or theses products. Anyway , were I you I would buy the RCBS , all reviews every place I went backed this.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.