Lurking for awhile, time to say Hello

Leatherneck

My name's Mike, been using the site for info over the years while building my rifle. Joined in 2014! It's nothing spectacular compared to some of the rigs I've seen on here. I have a Remington 700 action mated to a Krieger barrel chambered in 7mm-08. Had the metal done in a flat black by John Norrell Arms. Using a B&C M40 stock which I recently had inletted for an M5 bottom metal. For optics I'm using a Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50. I'm a former Marine, Semper Fi, but that seems so long ago. Staring retirement in the eye soon as a Federal Civilian. Looking forward to getting my rifle dialed in. I'm sure any info I'm seeking I can get answers here. Again, Hello.

My name's Mike, been using the site for info over the years while building my rifle. Joined in 2014! It's nothing spectacular compared to some of the rigs I've seen on here. I have a Remington 700 action mated to a Krieger barrel chambered in 7mm-08. Had the metal done in a flat black by John Norrell Arms. Using a B&C M40 stock which I recently had inletted for an M5 bottom metal. For optics I'm using a Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50. I'm a former Marine, Semper Fi, but that seems so long ago. Staring retirement in the eye soon as a Federal Civilian. Looking forward to getting my rifle dialed in. I'm sure any info I'm seeking I can get answers here. Again, Hello.
Welcome to the forum Mike and thank you for your service

Hey Brother
Semper Fi!

If we can help you out with anything let us know!
BTW what is a "Federal Civilian"???
"Once A Marine always A Marine"

Thanks
Len and Jill

Hey Brother
Semper Fi!

If we can help you out with anything let us know!
BTW what is a "Federal Civilian"???
"Once A Marine always A Marine"

Thanks
Len and Jill

I probably should have said Army Civilian. I work for the Department of the Army as a civilian employee. The Army Depot I work at employs around 3,000 people. We work on Radars from all branches of the service. It's a pretty rewarding job, I travel about 3 to 4 months out of the year. I do alot of jobs out west, South Dakota, Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas. Occasionally a Germany trip, that's a good time. Just got back from Texas a few weeks ago, headed to South Carolina in September. Semper Fi!!