Lurker first post

BIGJOHNT

I have been ready post and learning from all of you. This is my first time posting on this forum.
So I guess this is another new guy post.Hi my name is John and I have a hunting and shooting disorder . Please don't tell my wife.

Thanks for the tip. But I think she may already know. I guess I was suppose to give a little more info. I have been shooting and reloading all of my life. My grandfather and uncle's shot trap and skeet. My grandfather ran the Point Fermin gun range in southern calif. Rasied bird dogs and wild birds.
Over the last seven years I have been playing with a 300 Tejas built by Brad Stair. Still playing with loads. I would like to move up in bullet weight . I would also like to change out my Leupold VX- III 6.5 x 20 x 50 to a Nightforce . I have been looking at the G7 Nightforce scope. My other projects are a EDM arms 50 caliber. Last year I just got a 408 barrel set and bolt for the EDM. So I am working at finding some hunting grade of bullets and setting it up for hunting. Using the G 7 range finder. It has a Nightforce 56 mm scope. I live in southern Utah and am a touch over 50 years old. My daughter at 20 years old holds the longest kill on any animal in our family. With me ranging and her uncle on the spotting scope. She took out a cow elk at 780 yards. Shooting the 300 Tejas w/ a 168 gr Barnes bullet @ 3600 fps. Looking forward to learn more and gaining help from you guys here on my projects.
Thank you John

... My daughter at 20 years old holds the longest kill on any animal in our family. With me ranging and her uncle on the spotting scope. She took out a cow elk at 780 yards.

Great shooting. She's got me beat. My longest kill to date is 675 yards on a pronghorn on the flats of Wyoming. But I'm older than you are and I doubt I'll be doing much hunting from now on. Legs have about given out.
Congrats to your daughter and congrats. to you for raising a shooter. I like to see shooting as a family activity.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts