lucky loads

goblbustr

Getting my sons rifle ready for colorado Elk and took ya'lls advice and went with 180gr accubonds. Really happy with this gun so far, nothing extremely special rem. action and trigger, hart barrel and muzzle brake, laminated thumbhole boyds stock and chambered in 30hart. So far I've been able to use 180gr ballistic tips, 180gr accubonds and 178gr Amax with 81gr of reloader 19 and fed 210 primer with all three at the same point of impact and grouping the same at 200 yards. Just wondering if this is typical as I don't tend to use a lot of different bullets.

All bullets are similar weight. Apparently the harmonics are also similar. Yep lucky. Now if you could get 150s 168s, 180s and 200s to shoot to same POI at 100 you'd be REALLY lucky.

When I read this you reminded me of my neighbor's son. He wanted to shoot some Barnes varmint gernades in his old 6mm Rem. He chose a random seating depth and a middle of the road powder charge from a loading manual. He went to the range with this load and proceeded to shoot 1/4 MOA. Now that also is a lucky load IMO.

Good luck on your hunt.

oh yes your lucky, I have seen guns that have shot anything and I have seen guns that have been really touchy. Looks like you have one of those guns that you could load with sand and rocks and get it to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.