Lube in necks

I've found if I brush the necks there is no need to lube inside of them. I also tumble after sizing to remove the lube completely. The heavy RCBS lube you put on the pad discolors the brass if not removed and I'm kind of picky. I might consider getting a bushing die so you can adjust neck tension if things are moving under recoil.

I never heard of bullets slipping into the case from recoil. The law of physics/inertia would make this impossible. Coming out of the case yes. The only way I can see this happening is that the magazine doesn't hold the cartridges tight enough and upon recoil they stay in "place" as the rifle drives back and the front of the magazine hits the nose of the bullet. I've been using Hornady One Shot since it came out and spray my cases at a 45* angle so as to get it into the neck. First one side then rotate the tray and do the other side.
The only thing I would suggest is a slight roll crimp to help hold the bullet(s). The heaviest round I shoot is a stout 45-70 in my 1895 Guide Gun with 405 gr bullets and I roll crimp and don't have an issue even with this being a tube fed rifle. A roll crimp should hold the bullet as it would bite into the bullet as it tried to go deeper in the case.
If you've ever shot bullets with soft lead tips,you might notice the tips starting to flatten out on the cartridges in the magazine after the rifle has been fired.I noticed it a lot on a 25-06 I used to shoot.The more those same cartridges are in the magazine after multiple firings,the flatter they can get.I never noticed the bullet getting drove back into the case,I guess that's an avantage of a longer case neck holding the bullet better.Now with the same senerio I have had bullets seating a little deeper on a heavier recoiling,short necked 7mag.I have also seen a plastic tip break of a Accubond.I didn't notice it until I dropped the remaining cartridges from the floor plate of the rifle.All the cartridges had their tips and a plastic tip from another cartridge that had been fired fell out.So what happened was,I shot a deer with the first round and apparently the tip broke off on the case in the magazine.I shot another deer with the cartridge that I did not know had the broken tip.I hit the deer in the neck and I have to say the wound was rather large.

If you've ever shot bullets with soft lead tips,you might notice the tips starting to flatten out on the cartridges in the magazine after the rifle has been fired.I noticed it a lot on a 25-06 I used to shoot.The more those same cartridges are in the magazine after multiple firings,the flatter they can get.I never noticed the bullet getting drove back into the case,I guess that's an avantage of a longer case neck holding the bullet better.Now with the same senerio I have had bullets seating a little deeper on a heavier recoiling,short necked 7mag.I have also seen a plastic tip break of a Accubond.I didn't notice it until I dropped the remaining cartridges from the floor plate of the rifle.All the cartridges had their tips and a plastic tip from another cartridge that had been fired fell out.So what happened was,I shot a deer with the first round and apparently the tip broke off on the case in the magazine.I shot another deer with the cartridge that I did not know had the broken tip.I hit the deer in the neck and I have to say the wound was rather large.
I actually loaded up all my broken tip Accubonds and shot them to see if the accuracy suffered. At 100 yards, the difference was negligible. Maybe there wasn't a difference, maybe it was me. Maybe at 400 it might have a significant enough effect, but I'd still use them on anything out to 250 or so.

The only problem I've ever had was in a 300 WM using a new Lee collet die. The bullets hit the magazine pushing them further and further into the case. Needless to say I no longer use the collet die!
I have always crimped my 375 H&H hunting loads lube or no lube, cannelure or no cannelure. When hunting DG or just in the same area nothing can fail! Luckily it hasn't let me down yet.

I actually loaded up all my broken tip Accubonds and shot them to see if the accuracy suffered. At 100 yards, the difference was negligible. Maybe there wasn't a difference, maybe it was me. Maybe at 400 it might have a significant enough effect, but I'd still use them on anything out to 250 or so.
May not have made a difference but I bet it it would changed the way the bullet was designed to perform.Without the tip intact,the bullet would be a wide opening hollow point bullet the would expand largely at impact instead of penetrating a little and better controlling their expansion.This is most likely the reason some have had some bad experiences with them and called them Accubombs.

May not have made a difference but I bet it it would changed the way the bullet was designed to perform.Without the tip intact,the bullet would be a wide opening hollow point bullet the would expand largely at impact instead of penetrating a little and better controlling their expansion.This is most likely the reason some have had some bad experiences with them and called them Accubombs.
Maybe. Perhaps I should embark on a mission to shoot a couple dozen animals with broken tip Accubonds.

I'm up for the challenge.

My ignorance on this topic makes me wonder if it would be simpler (or just wrong) to lube the bullets rather than the case mouth interior...
I would have asked this very question, but my quota of dumb questions was met a while ago. (It's actually a really good question).

My reasoning is that powder sticks to the inside of the lubed necks. A lubed bullet wouldn't have that problem.

I have been reloading a long time, and I have never had the need to lube the inside of a straight walled case.

So, the answer is, I do not clean the lube out because their never was or has been any to clean out.

Seems like a inconsistent practice to me! One more factor to consider. NO THANKS just my 2cents! I crimp all repeaters, not bolts our singles rifles.

I have used powdered Mica on a Q-Tip to run around the inside of case necks before charging them. I have (but not used yet) the graphite on shot. I have never used any kind of liquid lube in case mouths.