LSA-65 action for .257 Weatherby Mag???

I'm not going to be much help. I have the same action that i have been contemplating building a 6.5x284 on. It will be interesting to see what people have to say.

Hand-loaded .257Wby. ammo will be around 3.3" in length. Is your existing magazine-box long enough?

Of course, the bolt-face will need to be opened-up for the larger rim diameter.

I'm not an expert on changing calibers, but have you considered the 25-06 cartridge? It's slightly slower than the Wby., but the critters will not know the difference. And you can still use all those '06 cases.

My $0.02,

Jim

The magazine will take 200grn Factory loads. I have also loaded this 30-06 up to the max recommended COL of 3.34". I do not have the rifle in front of me right now, but am going under the assumption that the mag will be long enough. I will be getting out the calipers when I get home. Also I will get my hands on a few rounds in 257WBY from my Smith, and seeing how they fit. The LSA action is smooth, and the current 30-06 shoots the 165grn at about .4 MOA. I just have too many 30-06 rifles, so it is time to get some other cartridges going on the actions I am not using. I have considered the 25-06, but as you may be able to tell I am a little partial to Weatherby. gun)

ittihu

Sorry I am not looking to sell. The gun was given to me by my uncle. I have decided to leave it as is. Its a great shooter. Good luck in your search.

Sorry I have been out of country for a while. The answer is no. I do not sell guns, I only buy them. The action, and mag are long enough, and there is a 26" Ron smith barrel on its way. gun)Good luck to anyone looking for one of these actions, in my humble opinion they are very smooth, and reliable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.