LRH Specialty Handguns

Well, this was a pleasant surprise when I clicked on LRH this morning.
Kirby (fiftydriver) has a lot of experience building XP-100's in cartridges that are suitable for LR shooting/hunting and has a good understanding of the areas that need extra attention as does Greg Tannel Gre-Tan Rifles
Specialty Pistols Website has a dedicated LR handgunning section in it.
Marc Sheehan sells forends and rest systems (bench shooting) for TC products that work well for LR shooting. I also use this rest system for my MOA pistol.
Bower Shooting Products
Mike Bellm has a lot of good information on TC products and what makes them tick Bellm's TCs, Inc.
Best LR scope that has a long eye relief is the Burris 3-12.
Richard Near and Ken Farrel make pic bases for the XP-100 and Richard also makes a base for the Savage Striker (Not sure about Farrel w/the Striker).

That is a few things to get things rolling.

This is Denzel Robert's website for some of the different long range grips/forends he makes for the Encore/Contender. His Long Ranger model has had me wanting to buy a Encore for quite a while. Never used any of his products, but craftsmanship appears to be top notch.

http://members.tripod.com/dwrobtcwoodnmor/

Bullberry makes barrels...accuracy is hit of miss from what I've read. Supposed to be better the last couple of years.

http://www.bullberry.com/

And there's always Fox Ridge Outfitters...T/C's custom shop.

http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com/section.cfm?section=16

There really are a ton of places that make T/C barrels...Mike Bellm as listed above has some excellent products as well. A simple Yahoo search will yield more sources that you have time to check out.

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to add SP's favorite barrel maker OTT

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike surely makes a nice barrel but his finishes (unless it's changed in the last year) are not that great. The stuff I got from him was very rough...like it had been bead blasted w/ a material that was too course. Other than that...his fit was excellent and accuracy was also wonderful.

So far no one has listed the barrel maker that came in on the ground floor of T/C's....... SSK Industries I have four of JD's barrels and the fit, finish and accuracy are WONDERFUL!

Bullberry...I've had a few and they are good. The only one I've kept is a 15" 6T/CU that is a tackdriver. His fit and accuracy are great but bluing was not the best.

Match Grade Machine (formerly Virgin Valley) made an excellent product. Had a few of them and the quality was on par with SSK. Match Grade Machine

Optics...IMHO...Burris the ONLY way to go in terms of using a handgun scope for LR shooting.

Richard Near of Near Manufacturing has bases in stock for the XP-100.
He currently has 10 MOA bases, 20 MOA, and soon to have 25 MOA and a 60 MOA base (For those who really want to stretch things out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). He also makes bases for Savage Strikers.

[ QUOTE ]
Richard Near of Near Manufacturing has bases in stock for the XP-100.
He currently has 10 MOA bases, 20 MOA, and soon to have 25 MOA and a 60 MOA base (For those who really want to stretch things out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). He also makes bases for Savage Strikers.

[/ QUOTE ]
xphunter,
this really surprises me, I called Near 3 months ago for a base and he told me it would be at least a year or more before he could help me. I called Ken Farrell and they shipped a 20 MOA base the same day. and I was surprised by how good the machine work was.
UB

UB,
I know Richard does not have some bases in stock for certain actions and he is trying to play catch up on them. I spoke with him today and that is why I know he had one 20 MOA XP base (original action) and ten of the 10 MOA (original action) XP bases.
I also have one of Ken's bases on my 6mm-284 XP and it is also a good quality base. Two things I would do differently with Ken's: Make it a lower profile (Like Richard's) and Ken's slots on my extended pic base is solid in the middle instead of slots all the way across. When using both a LER scope and a rifle scope you mount the LER scope as far forward as possible while you mount the rifle scope as far back as you can.
The advantage of Ken's mount is that he can make on that extends further forward than the Near, for the XP which is very handy when shooting the 3-12 Burris LER prone (especially if you have short arms).
Both have their pros and cons for Specialty Handguns. I'm glad you mentioned Farrel's base-It is a good one!

I have both also, and I definitely like the Near better as it doesn't sit so high off the action, and it has cross slots all the way along it, which helps tremendously from prone with the extended eye relief of the 3-12X Burris @ 12X.

another place to get LRP's is HS Precision. (my favorite). they do not do wildcats but do have the full range of WSM's and WSSM's now.
hshunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif