LRH Group Hunt For 2015 - High Country Wyoming Mule Deer **FILLED**

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
THIS HUNT IS FILLED

The recently announced 2013 LRH Group Hunt filled up within 3 weeks of its announcement. This is a new one for 2015.

Six of us LRH'ers will be hunting together in 2013. As I kept thinking about how much fun that hunt will be for me (selfish soul that I am), I decided why not line up another one! The only outfitted hunts I will do these days are those that enable me to access otherwise difficult or impossible spots. Otherwise I enjoy DIY hunts. I am not a backpacker and don't own horses. As you know I had a wonderful time last year on one and decided to go again with Mule Creek Outfitting in 2013. That's the group hunt that filled up so fast this past summer.

This hunt I am now announcing for 2015 will be similar:

• Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Total of 8 hunters this time
  • Trophy Mule Deer (even bigger this time)
  • Wyoming's Region G
  • $4,995
  • Horseback
  • Tent camp with hot shower
  • High country wilderness (7,000 to 10,000 feet)
  • Long Range friendly outfitter
  • Only our LRH group will be in camp
  • Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
  • September 15, 2015
  • First week of season
  • Deposit of $500 is only requirement until successful draw in 2015
  • Preference points needed, you still have time to obtain them
  • Buy one preference point now -- by September 30
  • You snooze, you lose!

Eight bucks shot just days ago (9-15-12 to 9-19-12) -- 100% SUCCESS

DSC03453.jpeg

I met Robb Wiley, the owner of Non-Typical Outfitters, by email and phone when he bought a custom long range rifle from me this summer. Ironically, I was already aware of his business since I had been searching for another quality high country outfitter. I got to know him pretty well through this process and realized he'd be the perfect addition to my small, growing list of high country hunt sources.

Robb Wiley spends about 300 days per year up in the mountains. He scouts for 9 months ahead of each new hunt year. You can even see scouting photos on his website. His guides often are taking hunters after specific deer. And they are LARGE deer.

Robb emailed yesterday me with a report on his new rifle that I shipped to him a couple weeks ago:

"Len, I have the gun broken in.... I had a couple "same hole" shots at 100 yards. I had a great group at 500 yards. I am extremely happy with the gun. -- Robb --"

The timing of that email exchange is what made me think I have to get going on this hunt planning. Wyoming sells preference points from July 1st up until September 30th each year. This hunt is a Region G hunt and it will take 4 points in the Regular Draw or 2 points in the Special Draw in which the associated license costs a couple hundred dollars extra. If you buy a point NOW in 2012 and one in 2013 and 2014, you'll have 3 points plus whatever you may be starting with.

Here is the Wyoming Fish and Game web page for doing so. (Active only from July 1 to September 30 each year)

Back to Robb's email from yesterday. In it he sent me pictures of the deer that were shot last week by his 8 first week hunters. 100% success and some really nice ones.

So sign up for your 2012 purchase of a preference point. And remember:

You snooze, you lose!

DSC03446.jpg DSC03462.jpg

By the way, notice that we are more actively promoting other forms of LRH members getting together, too. Take a look at the new LRH Group Hunts and Shoots sub-forum.

Last edited:
Len

Tom and myself are in for 2015. Calling nontypical outfitters in the AM to book the hunt.

TH

That's great and it means we are already 50% SOLD OUT since my son, Andy, is coming with me.

Len:

I called and left voice mail fron Robb wiley this morning regarding reserving two spots for 2015.

What's the process to reserve two spots?

Thanks,

Dave

Too far out for me. I don't plan anything that far in advance at my age because I might not be here in 2015. Come to think about it, ehr way the world is going, none of us might be.....

Oh well.

dmroz

Robb is back up in the mountains since yesterday, probably for a full 5 day hunt group.

Since I fronted all 8 of the $500 deposits and mailed Robb a $4,000 check yesterday, why don't you send me a check for your 2 spots to reimburse me.

As soon as checks arrive you are confirmed.

Separately, Robb has a form on his site you can download and print out.

Hunt booking Form

Send those to me also and I will scan and email a copy to Robb.

If Robb wasn't in the mountains right now I'd prefer he handle all this but under the circumstances let's do it through me.

=============================================

So if all 4 deposits arrive, we have only 2 spots left.

You snooze, you lose! Literally in this case since this email started going out while everyone was asleep. :)
=============================================

Thanks, Len!

The two deposit checks and applications will be sent to you today and I really appreciate your help in setting this up.

Looking forward to a great hunt!

Cheers,

Dave

Len, please put me down for a spot for the 2015 hunt with the long range group. I will get the $500 down and the hunt booking form in the mail today.

thanks

Guy

Len,

I was not successful reaching Rob do you have an address you want me to send the check to?

I hope everyone remembers you need to buy a point RIGHT NOW, before September 30, 2012.

Please post in this thread when you have actually purchased your point.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.