LRH Forum.......why so slow???

shooters

I really enjoy LRH, but its almost become too time consuming and more of a headache. It may just be on my end, but every page is crazy slow to load.......always. Every thread, article, or review that I wish to read, or try to go back a page takes forever!!! I have the latest and greatest laptop and the fastest speed connection one can get. What's the deal? Am I the only one who experiences this and if not, how do you guys deal with the navigating on here at the crazy slow pace? I'm sure this is the wrong section to vent. Can we disable something to load the threads/pages quicker? Thanks

Try logging off of Facebook. It will run a lot faster. FB tracks everything you do, which eats up loads of resources.

Facebook? I don't have a Facebook.

?????

I took some of Len's suggestions and noticed a little faster rate here. I'm going to try Chrome as my browser to see if that helps.

Thanks guys.

Well that was too quick and too easy. I took Len's last suggestion of using Chrome as my browser and wow, I've been on LRH for around 6 or 7 years with multiple internet providers and laptops. Im not too computer savvy, but the downloading of Google Chrome has completely turned this Forum around for me. Crazy fast. Pages no longer take 10 to 30 seconds to show up. Its instant. For any others that may have experienced the issue I've been having, try using Chrome. Thanks Len, and now we can shut it down.

Thanks again......

Behind the scenes, here is who I found tracking pages here on LRH :

AdPeeps
DoubleClick
Google Analytics
Google Custom search
QuantCast
ScroreCard Research Beacon

"Ghostery" Add-on . Just like the popup blockers, this one stops page info from being transmitted back to the mother ships.
BTW, what is nice about this is that it supports multiple browsers. I actually use 3 different browsers for different reasons (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) and they have plugins for all 3.

I have found all web sites now load much faster after using this.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.