LRF glass options

gearguywb

Just read through the pages on the choice on the non-ranging models. If I bit the bullet and get a new set, the LRF is an important option for me.

I have an older set of Leica RF binos that have given me great service. Having said that, I am shopping for something newer.

In my normal paralysis by analysis mode:

Comparing the Swaro, Leica, Zeiss offerings. All 10x 42. To be used for hunting as well as some longer range shooting

My observations/analysis thus far:
Swaro: looked through these and the Leica. Thought the glass was great on the Swaro. No ballistics app. Big negative.

Leica: I thought the glasses a bit less "bright" than the Swaro. Seems like a lot of issues dropping connections to a Kestrel. Seems like a PITA in a hunting situation.

Zeiss: have not been able to physically check them out yet. Liked what I have read this far. Seems easy to use once they are set up, particularly in a hunting situation.

Thoughts? What am I not considering?

Whichever direction, I hope to be able to find a used/open box/demo set.

Thanks in advance!

Thats correct. Not a great showing frankly. The LED readout was really dim and we could not get the menu to come up allowing the change in intensity

I think the brightness is an automatic setting on that model. To me they would be the LRF binos to go for. I have an older pair of Zeiss and the the glass is great but the read out is terrible. For some reason Swaro is lagging behind in this arena.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.