LR Shooting Clinic at Hamburg Cabela's on 5/21

Skinny Shooter

LR Shooting Clinic at Hamburg Cabela\'s on 5/21

Am going to attend and am curious how it'll pan out.
Link
Called the store to ask for info. It's supposed to cover groundhoggin' and prairie dog shooting at extreme ranges, not shooting at deer at 700 yards, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif etc. I said you better re-think the last part of that sentence cause there are numerous folks geared up for those ranges and are already doing it.
Forgot to mention some even use SMKs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hopefully there will be good info there.

Re: LR Shooting Clinic at Hamburg Cabela\'s on 5/21

i will be at the 1:00 or 3:00 show...i'll take along and wear a maroon colored ball cap with a "swarovski" pin on front.look for me

That's cool, I'll look for ya.
Am probably doing the 1pm slot.
I'll be the one aggravating the speaker with questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I met Skinny Shooter at the Cabela's, good to chat with him.

The presentation was geared toward the basic starter, pretty good info and basic equipment. Nice to see a store have this type of thing available for folks. The speaker, Randy, was a real decent type fella, good info, knew his stuff pretty well and presented things nicely...a nice presentation.

ah guys, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif we just arrived and made the 11:00 show of randys.it was basic so we were hungry and went for the bratworst and ostridge sandwitch!it so happened we were watchiing them feed the fish at 13:00...had my maroon hat on the whole time though?? next time!

LOTS of talk and lots of show...no books and theories, just results...It's obvious that you guys love long range benchrest and shooting, YOUR INVITED to come over to Groundhog Matches that are held at the Mifflin Co Sportsmens..near Lewistown, PA..just Northwest of Harrisburg..bring all your buddies and all your long rangers and join in on the fun..you'll see and see shoot everything imagineable..might as well join your fellow ong range lovers..you have a sight-in target at each distance and you are permitted a spotting scope and spotter...next match is JUNE 4th, no better way to spend a saturday that long range banging... http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com click on groundhog match for the rules and results of the first 4 matches..the message board just started this week...this is exactly what you guys are looking for...100-300-500 yards..also if you have a rimfire varminter..25-150 yards, varies on cartridge...stop by..you'll love it...

Dave, it was good meeting you also.
Buck, too bad we missed ya.
Frank, were you there?
I've been watching the schedule for those g-hog shoots. A number of Saturdays are full right now for me.

doggonnit,wives,correction loving ladies,aka FOOD AND FUN,next time.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.