LR AccuBond Question

ShortMag3

Is anyone experiencing inconsistent accuracy with the 30 caliber Long Range AccuBonds?

I've loaded 190's and 210's in 5 different rifles.
I can get a good 3 shot or 2 shot group and then the next group goes south.
Tried touching to way off the lands.
Magnum and Sendaro contour match grade barrels, Schneider and Pac-Nor
All five rifles shoot Bergers sub 1/2"

ShortMag3

Is anyone experiencing inconsistent accuracy with the 30 caliber Long Range AccuBonds?

I've loaded 190's and 210's in 5 different rifles.
I can get a good 3 shot or 2 shot group and then the next group goes south.
Tried touching to way off the lands.
Magnum and Sendaro contour match grade barrels, Schneider and Pac-Nor
All five rifles shoot Bergers sub 1/2"

ShortMag3

I noticed this when using Fed 215 primers with the 210 LRABs in my 300 WSM at .095 off the lands. Once I switched to CCI 250s the group came together. They shoot right around 1.25 to 1.5" group at 300 yards. I sacrificed about 20 fps with the CCI250s.

WOW!! You found some?? LOL...
I thought they did not even exist until I saw a box of 210s at SHOT. I hear that Nosler had/has stabilization problems with the rounds. What is your twist? I assume it's a 1-10. Please post what your findings are.... You are not the first person I have heard of with issues concerning the Accubond LR.

Good luck

I've had a hard time with accubonds in general at times. Very few of my guns have shot them well. I like them for hunting purposes album I have only been able to get them to shoot very well 30 percent of the time. When I can't get them to go I switch to a ballistic tip or an amax and the groups shrink righ up but again they are less ideal in my mind for bigger game.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.