LR .358 bullet short nose tip

.358 NM

I am looking for some .long range bullets to be used in a .358 nM with shorter nose tip than 225 Accubond. Reason is the .225 AB is very great flat shooting bullet, however it is so long so i have to single feed it . Magazine length is about .30-06 size due to its receiver length .

What i am looking for is a bullet ala AB or GK but of Match type that is possible to magazine feed but have high BC for reaching out.

I have to take another way in option and that is what is available over here in stores since the system here is on the border of ridiculous sometimes.

Hope for good suggestions to get the .358 into shining long way out.

I use a Barnes 200 gr TTSX in my .358 Win BLR. In my rifle it's an accurate bullet with a BC (.440) even higher than the .225 gr AB (.423). Compared to the 200 gr TSX, the 200 TTSX increased the range of my .358 Win by nearly 100 yds. Copper bullets are generally longer than swaged lead bullets, so I don't know if this bullet will solve your problem. I load it to the same COAL as my other .358 rounds, and it feeds just fine from the magazine.

Thanks for that regarding the TTSX 200 grain. I shall definitely look that one up and see how it will work . .358 Win is popular over here so it makes it a new class of ammo with different bullets.

Is there a match bullet also around for .35s , i have been looking much for it, but it seems we .35s are sadly overlooked when it comes to it .

If you get them try Woodleigh 225 and 250 grain , they are some of the best .35 caliber bullets i have tried.

If I could use lead-core bullets in California, I would try the Woodleigh bullets. Given the crazy laws in this state, the 200 gr TTSX is the best option I've found. I'm happy with the results - a compact lever action carbine with a detachable magazine that could take a large boar or bull elk at over 400 yds.

That is good argument Bruce, having the best of both worlds to go with the given legal limits one have to endure . It follows Cooper scout rifle principle almost from 4-400 yards with one rifle and load . Looking forward to seeing pictures of it in action .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.