LPVO recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
I have a 1-6x Atibal FFP that I run on my CZ 512 and like it quite a bit. Different reticle than the one above, I paid about $350. I wouldn't necessarily consider it daytime bright but you aren't going to find much in this price range that is unfortunately. Bought it for Sooty grouse so I would be using it against dark timber in CA, but didn't get a chance to try it this year because of the fires. All I can say is that it performed admirably at the range.

Not sure if the pics are of any help, top is at 1x bottom at 6x. There is a drop of water on the bottom of the lens, not a blemish. Glass is pretty clear for made in China.

ro5QBQHUFPHDshH83tHS3sOB4CmPL5R5JdkBEOTV-Herq-ecRne4EZjMN6Pu-2En4r_WGehJFnhYQGid_jqpSNXjH4K0R-S4bBZJ6Xx-ZPn7tBeWT42GN9mAFqgSi9seHuko0_vW7Q=w1000

I have a 1-6x Atibal FFP that I run on my CZ 512 and like it quite a bit. Different reticle than the one above, I paid about $350. I wouldn't necessarily consider it daytime bright but you aren't going to find much in this price range that is unfortunately. Bought it for Sooty grouse so I would be using it against dark timber in CA, but didn't get a chance to try it this year because of the fires. All I can say is that it performed admirably at the range.

Not sure if the pics are of any help, top is at 1x bottom at 6x. There is a drop of water on the bottom of the lens, not a blemish. Glass is pretty clear for made in China.

ro5QBQHUFPHDshH83tHS3sOB4CmPL5R5JdkBEOTV-Herq-ecRne4EZjMN6Pu-2En4r_WGehJFnhYQGid_jqpSNXjH4K0R-S4bBZJ6Xx-ZPn7tBeWT42GN9mAFqgSi9seHuko0_vW7Q=w1000

Awesome thanks a lot. Sadly, that's where we are going with this stuff. Everything made in China.

Not exactly what you asked but I would avoid the Trijicon 1-8x Accupower. It is ffp and has a lot of nice features but I can't get past the thickness of the reticle right at the aim point. Despite what the specs say, the reticle must be 2MOA at the aim point because it completely hides the smaller 2x2 diamonds on my sight in targets. If you have a 2 MOA rifle or just wanted it for defense it wouldn't matter. Too bad as the illumination and other features are nice and make it easy to acquire sight picture quickly.

Not exactly what you asked but I would avoid the Trijicon 1-8x Accupower. It is ffp and has a lot of nice features but I can't get past the thickness of the reticle right at the aim point. Despite what the specs say, the reticle must be 2MOA at the aim point because it completely hides the smaller 2x2 diamonds on my sight in targets. If you have a 2 MOA rifle or just wanted it for defense it wouldn't matter. Too bad as the illumination and other features are nice and make it easy to acquire sight picture quickly.

Thanks the biggest issue I'm running into with these types of scopes. They have awesome features and then one feature is lacking so much I can't get past it. The SWFA 1-4 in hunting conditions is impossible to see. Really disappointing since I love SWFA products so much. I didn't want to risk buying a $900 1-6 HD for the same issue.

Trijicon is the gold standard when it comes to low powered scopes. I had the ACOG on my M4 and loved it. But I wouldn't consider the ACOG either bc of its power eye relief and so many other amazing, cheaper choices. It's disappointing that their LPVO has that issue. Probably doesn't matter for a three gunner, but the way I use my rifles it matters a lot. Thanks for your input.

It's a little more money but I recently picked up a Trijicon Credo HX 1-6. I find it very comparable to the razor 1-6 as far as eye box, illumination brightness, and I think it's actually lighter. I paid 820$ but I feel it was well worth it.

Attachments

• 9A4B2657-BF59-427D-91E2-945CC28D9259.jpeg
    9A4B2657-BF59-427D-91E2-945CC28D9259.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Well under your price point but I have been happy with my Bushnell AR 1-8. I currently have it on a 6.8SPC upper but plan to move it over to my 16" 300BO soon.
Re darkness in GA; The only time in my life that I didnt know where I was ...was in the Cohutta Wilderness it was really dark that night!

Last edited:
You get what you pay for in the lpvo market. True good 1x is expensive. 1-6 razor brings the most value and weight. 1-4 trijicon is good but pricey for its glass. 1-10 razor is impressive and so is the price. Best glass goes to the kahles and Swarovski. But expensive. Steiner 1-5 good but not as good as razor (much lighter). I cannot comment on the ones listed above this post as I have not owned them. I have owed what's listed above (not the razor 1-10...but put some time behind it). I here the Burris products are good. No experience with them. Good luck with your journey on these.

I do recommend a high mount 1.93 minimum iif you are going to shoot 2 eyes open. Your neck will thank you.

The article didn't seem too positive on the Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E. I have one, like it, and have had zero issues with it. Used it with my 6.8 SPC to take a deer last year and the red dot feature worked great in that application. 20 oz weight doesn't bother me on my AR platforms. I didn't mention it previously as it cost close to $1200. As for durability concerns, I've never had a problem with any of my three Vortex scopes but customer service has been outstanding any time I contacted them. (e.g., when they sent me Vortex Fury bino/range finder lens caps for my Sig 3000 bino/ranger finder)

The cost of the LPVOs recommended in the article is at a level I would find it hard to justify on a platform I intended to use exclusively at less than 300 yards. The article did mention Primary Arms as a quality LPVO provider. Too bad they didn't review anything from them as the price point would likely be more realistic for most people.
[h2][/h2]

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.