LPVO recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

Anyone got a good LPVO rec? Looking around the $500 mark. It's for a 16 inch RRA .300BO. Hunting / steel plinker 300 yards and in. Thanks.

My cousin has a Athlon argos BTR 1-8 on his, we haven't shot it yet though. With their mil/le discount it would be in your price range, seems robust, but again, we haven't used it yet, just mounted. 30mm tube.

What do you find deficient about it? Genuine question, I just ordered one yesterday.

you can't see the reticle against Georgia timbers, it just disappears and then the illum isn't daylight bright.

you can't see the reticle against Georgia timbers, it just disappears and then the illum isn't daylight bright.
Sounds like you need a traditional German #4 reticle. It was made for exactly that type of hunting. They have been using it on wild boar for decades. I used to have a 2.5x Leupold with the #4 when I lived in the mountains of NC. Served me very well.

Now you can even get one with a red dot at the center.

Just switched to a 1-10x 35mm tube. Running on a AR 16" 300 BlackOut. really nice glass

My cousin has a Athlon argos BTR 1-8 on his, we haven't shot it yet though. With their mil/le discount it would be in your price range, seems robust, but again, we haven't used it yet, just mounted. 30mm tube.

The illumination seems to be bright enough for daylight, and the dot is 1 MOA at 8x, so 8 MOA at 1x, pretty easy to spot quickly it seems. Not great for lr precision, but great for inside 300-400 or so

Just switched to a 1-10x 35mm tube. Running on a AR 16" 300 BlackOut. really nice glass

im going to check this one out. Sounds pretty sweet.

The illumination seems to be bright enough for daylight, and the dot is 1 MOA at 8x, so 8 MOA at 1x, pretty easy to spot quickly it seems. Not great for lr precision, but great for inside 300-400 or so

I like athlon. I was really impressed with the Cronus

I watched several you tube reviews before I bought one.
Kitt Badger
704 Tactical
Dark Loard of optics
those were the best I found. 704 Tactical has a link for a great deal on a Samson 35mm quick detach rail mount.
Awesome I really appreciate it. I'm going to check that out. I'm pretty excited about it. Is ~$750 the going rate or are there places to get them cheaper?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.