Lowest Cantilever Mount

Hi all. Does anyone have a source for the lowest possible cantilever mount, strong enough for .50bmg and available in 30mm? I'm planning on mounting a 10x to a Serbu BFG 50 using the cantilever mount backwards, the scope rail is already extremely high and the eye relief insufficient. I'm not yet willing to look for another scope (SWFA 10X, rated for .50BMG) and this is the last step before I'd have to do that. Both Serbu and SWFA have no further suggestions.

I have been on a similar quest for a low cantilever.
I'm still in the middle of my search.....

Here are a few I have on my list for comparison:

🔸 Vortex = $200
Rail top to middle of scopetube = [corrected:] 1.574" (40mm)

Amazon product ASIN B01AN6KY2O

🔸 Athlon = $120
Rail top to middle of scopetube = 1.41" (36mm)
[data from customer question]

• 0 MOA:

Amazon product ASIN B08TCF5SF7

• 20 MOA:

Amazon product ASIN B08FRQH46M

🔸 Aero Precision = $84
Rail top to middle of scopetube = 1.5" (38mm)
Amazon product ASIN B00JVTD4EK
or:

Amazon product ASIN B00IB1V842

🔸 Primary Arms = $60
Rail top to middle of scopetube = 1.5" (38mm)
[data from customer question]

or:

Please, keep my updated on what you find! 👍🏼

Matthias

Last edited:
It appears 1.5 inches is standard for most. FYI, the amazon page and Vortex website both state height of their precision extended cantilever rings to be 1.574 inches, not 1.324.

Burris PEPR mount 1.6

Warn Skyline Precision 1.5

Nightforce X Treme Duty™ - Ultralite™ One-Piece Service Rifle Mount 30mm (Titanium/Alloy): 1.35

It appears 1.5 inches is standard for most. FYI, the amazon page and Vortex website both state height of their precision extended cantilever rings to be 1.574 inches, not 1.324.

Corrected! Thank you. I had misinterpreted the graphic and thought the height stated bas to the bottom of the rail "grabbers".

Matthias

If you dont find an extended cantiliver mount you find suitable, Whatabout using an A.R.M.S swan sleeve?
It adds 1/2" to rail height, and then use the lowest rings you can find (.89" in a Nightforce or seekins, if I recall)

Would not be the most elegant solution, but might be pretty solid.

I seem to recall ADM making a special low mount as well.

Edit: Geissele has one at 1.35"

Last edited:
ADM made a low one but it's not cantilevered.

Screenshot_20220627-215617.png

Spuhr has one at 1.26".

Edit: "Spuhr" above is a hyperlink, though it's hard to see with no change to font color. 🤷🏻

Last edited: