Lowa Sheep Hunters

drake4

I know there is a backpacking boot thread on here already...but I was just wanting some feedback from anyone who has worn the Lowa Sheep Hunters. I am looking into getting a pair but wanted some first hand reviews first. I've pretty much been a Danner guy for years, but looking into something new.
Thanks for the help.

I am currently on my second pair of Sheep Hunters. I wore the first pair out but it took many years and many miles of backpacking in Alaska. I strongly suggest trying a pair on before buying as their sizing is a litle different. They are light, give great ankle support and have great traction for sidehilling.

I am totally happy with and will never buy anything else for a mountaineering/backpacking boot.

Tim

I've worn a pair for a season now... and they're the best boots I have ever worn. I wore them to work for a week to break them in... then put 15 miles on them the 1st weekend. I've never had a blister, and my feet have never been too sore. I have terrible ankles and the support level that the Sheep Hunters provide is a welcome addition. You can't go wrong with Lowas. ~yb

Lowa boots

I have a pair of Lowa Tibet, the 8" version. Other than that I believe they are identical to the Sheep Hunters. I've owned them for about 2 years now and absolutely love them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.