Love pheasant season!

Nothing I'd rather do, well except elk and....

Attachments

• 01250267-D3B9-4962-B84D-6A6D327465CE.jpeg
    01250267-D3B9-4962-B84D-6A6D327465CE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 153
Good looking pups, y'all. Congrats on the birds. They're thick here again too. Still light on the Bob Whites. Hopefully, they're bouncing back too.

Got my first bobs of the season last week. Probably headed back for more soon. Have walked 12 miles total last two hunt days with no roosters flushed. Way different than last year. I expect more success shortly though.

Nice! I talked to a local group that got a couple not too far away from my typical hunting areas this year. Pheasant season ends Jan 10th but quail goes to Jan 31st...might have to head south and try to find some after the 10th. I haven't shot one in 10 years I am guessing. I saw a couple on the gravel road driving between farms this summer, so they are trying to make a come-back in my immediate area. We have 2 acres of shrubs that are 3 years planted...a couple more years and that should be some decent quail habitat. We are just a bit too far north for them.

GSPs.jpg
Heading to a spot that is new to me this morning. 200 acres of CRP, sounds like flat ground. If we don't limit there sounds like we might try some public ground.

Hunted the CRP, we each got 2, hit a great piece of public after that, got one more.

Got limits Sunday after church service.
thumbnail

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.