Love for my "old" Benelli M1

Litehiker

I have a Benelli M1 that I bought almost 25 years ago. I got it for duck, goose, upland game and turkey hunting.

For waterfowl and upland game it has a standard stock, short magazine and long barrel.

For turkey (and any "turkey" stupid enough to invade my home) I switch it over to pistol grip stock, long magazine and short barrel.

This shotgun is ugly, tough and utterly reliable. I love it and take good care of it after the hunt. During the hunt it gets "tough love" i.e. no pampering. And it is the only shotgun I own. Don't need anything else.

Eric B.

I have a Winchester SX-3 28" that I love. It's the waterfowl model with 3.5" chamber. I have had it for 4 seasons now, I put about a case or a little more through it for duck season, at least a case during spring snow season, and if we make a fall trip up to canada, that adds nearly a case. Through the summer I run through 3-5 cases of lead on dairy farm pigeons, sometimes more if I can get out enough. I need to get the different piston for the light loads, if it gets really dirty it doesn't work well until I dump some oil in it ha ha. With waterfowl, I can't recall having a single malfunction, and I don't go easy on it. I have a mag extension and patternmaster choke for snow geese, gets me up to 13 rounds and I can reach out pretty decent with it.

The original Benelli M1's and SBE's were/are super workhorses.
Those guns will shoot in ANY condition and combined with a
shell like Hevi X or Hevishot Duck will out shoot most any
shotgun on the market today

I have an old M1 bought years ago tougher than most and very reliable. I have kept most of our crews running by just keeping the locking pin in good condition a magazine spring or two

Benelli is hard to beat. Super fast action and reliable. Probably not for the man bun crowd.

We have pretty much converted to Benelli bought our son an M2 after having a 391 lay down on a North Dakota duck hunt. You don't realize how nice it is until your have a gas gun stripped on your tailgate in front of the local hardware store

I've got a super 90 that started life as a bear gun while I was a fishing guide in the 90's, been my 3-gun shotgun for a while now. I've got an M4 and while that's a great gun the super 90 is faster and way lighter.

I had one, bought it in the 80's lost it about ten years ago to my youngest, it's had thousands of rounds through it. The only thing I've done to it is change the spring in the stock, great piece

OK, I'm an O/U guy but might get my sil a Benelli for ducks and geese. Which one? Don't mean to derail, just looks like lots of experience here.

M2
IMG_0099.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.