Love for my "old" Benelli M1

Litehiker

I have a Benelli M1 that I bought almost 25 years ago. I got it for duck, goose, upland game and turkey hunting.

For waterfowl and upland game it has a standard stock, short magazine and long barrel.

For turkey (and any "turkey" stupid enough to invade my home) I switch it over to pistol grip stock, long magazine and short barrel.

This shotgun is ugly, tough and utterly reliable. I love it and take good care of it after the hunt. During the hunt it gets "tough love" i.e. no pampering. And it is the only shotgun I own. Don't need anything else.

Eric B.

codyadams

I have a Winchester SX-3 28" that I love. It's the waterfowl model with 3.5" chamber. I have had it for 4 seasons now, I put about a case or a little more through it for duck season, at least a case during spring snow season, and if we make a fall trip up to canada, that adds nearly a case. Through the summer I run through 3-5 cases of lead on dairy farm pigeons, sometimes more if I can get out enough. I need to get the different piston for the light loads, if it gets really dirty it doesn't work well until I dump some oil in it ha ha. With waterfowl, I can't recall having a single malfunction, and I don't go easy on it. I have a mag extension and patternmaster choke for snow geese, gets me up to 13 rounds and I can reach out pretty decent with it.

wildwings

The original Benelli M1's and SBE's were/are super workhorses.
Those guns will shoot in ANY condition and combined with a
shell like Hevi X or Hevishot Duck will out shoot most any
shotgun on the market today