Lots of People like to bash brands.

Wow, I just can't believe how unlucky so many folks are (or maybe how lucky I am). I've had binoculars from Leitz, Swarovski, and Nikon, and scopes from Nikon, Zeiss, and Leupold and never had a bad one. All price ranges and the Leitz Wetzlar binoculars were years old when I bought them (for $125). The only scopes, as a brand, I've even personally heard of problems with are Vortex and as they are a relatively new brand I would expect that; lots of new companies take a while to get their act together.

Last edited:
lol what would he ever do without our opinions.
Your opinions? Thats all I go by when I buy equipment. I own exclusively Leupold! I wouldn't ever buy Nightforce {to many issues]
Those Leupold sit on top of all my guns one being a 6.5 creedmore. [It's a Reminton My personal favorite]
I use that 6.5 for everything [coyotes, deer, bear,elk, moose and both black and grizzly bear]
It kills everything DRT out to about 1200 yards or so.
It could be because to gun is a tack driver 1/4 MOA straight out the box [factory rifle]
Or is it because I use Berger bullets no wait I haven't made my mind up on that yet I think its the Hornady ELDM or ELDX not sure. Doesn't really matter. Like I said its a 6.5 everything I shoot with it is DRT!
LOL.

Your opinions? Thats all I go by when I buy equipment. I own exclusively Leupold! I wouldn't ever buy Nightforce {to many issues]
Those Leupold sit on top of all my guns one being a 6.5 creedmore. [It's a Reminton My personal favorite]
I use that 6.5 for everything [coyotes, deer, bear,elk, moose and both black and grizzly bear]
It kills everything DRT out to about 1200 yards or so.
It could be because to gun is a tack driver 1/4 MOA straight out the box [factory rifle]
Or is it because I use Berger bullets no wait I haven't made my mind up on that yet I think its the Hornady ELDM or ELDX not sure. Doesn't really matter. Like I said its a 6.5 everything I shoot with it is DRT!
LOL.
Thanks for the laughs gusd. Haven't shot my Creed yet with the virus but looks like I'll be able to get rid of my Win Mag and H&H. The world needs more humor right now!

Whats funny is Nightforce isn't any better than any other Japanese made scope. Most of them are made by the same company in Japan. The Burris XTR II is made in the phillipines isnt it? So is the vortex PST - once again only a couple manufacturing facilities over there, so the same quality. I get that there are some design and reticle differences. But guys get all worked up over nothing. All scopes can and do have problems and will fail. My buddies NXS gave up the ghost on his once in a lifetime Alaskan moose hunt. Had to borrow a friends rifle.

I say Good for leupold for not drinking the koolaid and keeping their manufacturing in the US. I'll keep supporting them however I can.

Three items I have every had true issues with. One legitimately annoyed me.

1. Burris XTR II elevation turret crapped out during a match. Burris was cool, acknowledged the issue, replaced all internals, and had the scope back in three weeks. Scope works fine. Dont have the emails.

2. Vortex diamondback tactical. I know its a lower end scope. The objective lens fell out of it mounting it on a rifle! I have not shipped it back to vortex at the moment. Not really worried about them not following through. I know they have a great warranty. (Havent sent it in so again no proof).

3. This is the one that upset me. Ruger SR556 the piston one. This rifle would group shotgun patterns with all types of ammo. Mounted two scopes and then used irons. Sent it in two times. They first replaced the piston system, said it was out of alignment. Got the rifle back. No change in accuracy. Sent in a second time they replaced the entire upper!! No change in accuracy. I sold it to a local gunshop and surprisingly got my money back out of it. (Again no proof, ruger customer service did everything over the phone which was pretty quick and cool).

If you read any of my older posts about savage, I make fun of them, but dont have any real issues. Love remingtons but had issues with their 7lb triggers. Easy fix by replacing them or tuning them. Dont like luepold or browning bc I see them as dainty and have memories of my spoiled friends and cousins playing the "my stuff is better than your stuff" in the deer camps. The top three posts are legitimate issues, the later are silly opinions based on my perceptions and expereince.

Three items I have every had true issues with. One legitimately annoyed me.

1. Burris XTR II elevation turret crapped out during a match. Burris was cool, acknowledged the issue, replaced all internals, and had the scope back in three weeks. Scope works fine. Dont have the emails.

2. Vortex diamondback tactical. I know its a lower end scope. The objective lens fell out of it mounting it on a rifle! I have not shipped it back to vortex at the moment. Not really worried about them not following through. I know they have a great warranty. (Havent sent it in so again no proof).

3. This is the one that upset me. Ruger SR556 the piston one. This rifle would group shotgun patterns with all types of ammo. Mounted two scopes and then used irons. Sent it in two times. They first replaced the piston system, said it was out of alignment. Got the rifle back. No change in accuracy. Sent in a second time they replaced the entire upper!! No change in accuracy. I sold it to a local gunshop and surprisingly got my money back out of it. (Again no proof, ruger customer service did everything over the phone which was pretty quick and cool).

If you read any of my older posts about savage, I make fun of them, but dont have any real issues. Love remingtons but had issues with their 7lb triggers. Easy fix by replacing them or tuning them. Dont like luepold or browning bc I see them as dainty and have memories of my spoiled friends and cousins playing the "my stuff is better than your stuff" in the deer camps. The top three posts are legitimate issues, the later are silly opinions based on my perceptions and expereince.
I like you to do a review on whiskeys, bourbon's, and scotch's. No cost analysis, or taste tests, just a poor mans review.
Top shelf crap like, 2 shots of this rot gut and what is on my mind is on my tongue, and I am off to the races.
Need a whole bottle of this watered down p*ss to make my old lady look good.
Stuff ^^^ like that, you fill in the blanks.

This post is stupid, let's try regulate human behavior, that always works. Let's call someone out and try garner support from others instead of PM'ing someone and giving them your opinion. Gotta love drama queens.

Any negative review of a mechanical failure is worth noting, but ultimately the issue is how the failure is handled by the company and not the failure itself. In ANY manufacturing there is going to be a known and even acceptable failure rate. It sucks when you get the lemon but that's just life and the company needs to take care of it when that happens.

Reviews based on "I just don't like this thing" from any Joe, Dick, or Harry should be taken with a large pile of salt. Most of those things are highly subjective to begin with and most people don't have enough experience with enough brands and models to provide an even half-way objective review (myself included). Those that have that experience usually make it pretty clear in their write up and those reviews are worth paying attention to.

And lastly, as with everything online, if you don't like something just keep scrolling!

I like you to do a review on whiskeys, bourbon's, and scotch's. No cost analysis, or taste tests, just a poor mans review.
Top shelf crap like, 2 shots of this rot gut and what is on my mind is on my tongue, and I am off to the races.
Need a whole bottle of this watered down p*ss to make my old lady look good.
Stuff ^^^ like that, you fill in the blanks.

This post is stupid, let's try regulate human behavior, that always works. Let's call someone out and try garner support from others instead of PM'ing someone and giving them your opinion. Gotta love drama queens.

Markers mark usually gets me drunker quicker than anything, and then I buy stuff I don't need with money I don't have. I usually call makers mark and complain to them the next day about their product, but they just say I'm an idiot and have no self control while using their product. I would recommend not to buy their product. About as reliable as a luepold slapped on top of a factory remington 700 chambered in 6.5CM shooting SMKs during a once in a lifetime elk hunt.

Wow, I just can't believe how unlucky so many folks are (or maybe how lucky I am). I've had binoculars from Leitz, Swarovski, and Nikon, and scopes from Nikon, Zeiss, and Leupold and never had a bad one. All price ranges and the Leitz Wetzlar binoculars were years old when I bought them (for $125). The only scopes, as a brand, I've even personally heard of problems with are Vortex and as they are a relatively new brand I would expect that; lots of new companies take a while to get their act together.

It really has a lot to do with how a person uses the scope and what's expected/demanded from it. For the guy who digs his gun out 3 days before elk season to see if it's relatively close to zeroed and never dials the turret, he's not gonna see problems as often because he's not demanding much from the optic.

For the shooter with a sub .5 moa gun that checks his zero often, requires that it maintain within .25moa and dials the turrets year around shooting to long range or elr distances...he will discover optics problems when they arise.

High recoiling rifles are a big factor too

It really has a lot to do with how a person uses the scope and what's expected/demanded from it. For the guy who digs his gun out 3 days before elk season to see if it's relatively close to zeroed and never dials the turret, he's not gonna see problems as often because he's not demanding much from the optic.

For the shooter with a sub .5 moa gun that checks his zero often, requires that it maintain within .25moa and dials the turrets year around shooting to long range or elr distances...he will discover optics problems when they arise.

High recoiling rifles are a big factor too

Excellent point

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts