Lost River Ballistic???

maxx

I am looking for info on the J-36 for hunting purposes?

Is the BC claim true for these bullets?

How do they performe on game at5-700 yards?

thanks

I would say unless you have a barrel set up specifically to shoot them, do not waste your time.

Even if you do have a barrel to shoot them, there are MUCH better bullets for terminal performance.

If the bullets are adiquately stabilized, I would say advertised BCs are close. If they are not fully stabilized, they can be MUCH lower.

Please realize that you can still have round bullet holes and decent groups with a marginally stabilized bullet but BC can be greatly effected.

For the money, I would not go with them for big game hunting, just to many better, more accurate options out there. Just my opinion though.

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the opinion. so what bullet would you choose?

[/ QUOTE ]
For the ranges that you have listed here are a few bullets that come to mind: TXS,AccuBond,Amax,SMK,Wildcat,etc

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for info on the J-36 for hunting purposes?

Is the BC claim true for these bullets?

How do they performe on game at5-700 yards?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

They are laser-like in accuracy, but they do not expand. I shot a deer in the neck at 400 with one of the 165s at over 3600 FPS and it knocked him down and rung his bell, but he flopped over into the ditch and disappeared. Three weeks later he entered the same food plot and met Mr Accubond and was DRT.

When we were at the processor, we found a perfectly round entrance hole and exit hole one on each side of his neck. Both were the size of the bullet. I also shot some of their poly tipped ones as well, but they didn't expand at 400 yards either. The deer go down, but they get up and leave. Probably to die a slow death if shot in the boiler room.

If they could solve the terminal ballistic problems they would be super. Probably the most accurate bullet you can shoot. At least they were for me after I figured out the secret to get them to shoot well. My barrels were standard barrels without any special attention for using the LRB bullets. My load for my 30STW would group 3/8" at 400 yards with one shot per day for five days. That is the way we tested them and were sorely disappointed when we lost six head of game without any of them being recovered from a LRB wound.

I can make yo a deal on some.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.