Lost River Ballistic Bullets performance 162 gr J40 LRBT.

D

daveosok

I have just loaded up 40 rounds with 8 different powders, all rem cases, all federal 215 match primers.

I will be testing them here shortly and will post the results here along with what type of rifle it is and every component that makes up the rifle.

I will also go into detail on the preperations of loading these cases as well as load data and Velocity readings from an Oehler 35p.

What caliber are you using? I saw you had an Oehler 35p chronograph. Where did you get it and how much did you get it for? I ask because I desperatly need one.
Thanks

dear daveosok

from my side I have chamber a new barrel in 30 cal 1 in 10 pitch lenght 28 inch in 300 WIN mag with a match throat ( not the single taper Winchester design )

I have prep 300 REM case

100 for barrel breaking , sighting , and barrel accuracy testing with 187 gr Lapua

200 for LRB 190 gr design test

all shoots will be done at 600 yards and velocity record at muzzle and at 600 yards ( with my home made chrono )

I will record too the barrel wear and throat wear ( erosion and throat smash )

before this trial I make some load dev in another old barrel with Kolbe P MAX equipement ( barrel pressure acquisition system ) to record load/pressure effect with LRB bullet design .

Caution : Pressure are usualy more hight with solid bullet when you seat near the land ( more engraving forces )

Good shooting and enjoy engineering and I don't forget you dear daveosok

DANTEC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.