Lost rifle In MT. Help.

Daves762

Ok so My wife saw a post on fakebook about a guy who leaned his rifle on his truck tire and drove off without it. Kinda throwing up a hail mary but perhaps someone can offer intel.

Location-Truman Trail outside Bozeman MT.
Date- Tuesday Nov 3rd.
Description- Christianson Arms rifle, 270 WSM carbon fiber barrel, and trijicon optic, with Butler cr sling.

Lets not judge the guy we've all done dumb stuff. If anyone knows anything, hears anything, or sees anything please advise. He is offering a reward. But lets just do the right thing cause we are all on the same team.

Thanks and good luck out there.

For sale:
Christianson Arms rifle, 270 WSM carbon fiber barrel, and trijicon optic, with Butler cr sling
Tire marks on bbl, otherwise pretty good shape. Comes with handloads in the magazine.

See the rifles for sale section

I know it's not funny but yes, many people have recovered their lost/stolen items at pawn shops, etc. You probably have an S/N to go with, don't know if LE can do a search for transfers by S/N assuming it was done legally. Maybe check gunbroker, seems pretty unique. You might also check with local L/E in case someone turned it in. Prolly sold at sheriff auction by now tho.

Good Luck to the hunter, that lost his rifle. Not likely.....but, there are a few good, honest people still alive! I know of someone that got a set of Zeiss binoculars returned that were lost. So, there is always hope! memtb

That is so great to hear.I know several that have done that and no luck.Also a few lots pistols in the brush,I found one of mine after 4 years in a alder patch. Left a bow on back of my truck,was at a good sized camp,thought somebody playing joke on me next morning,45 miles later I had it,just missed backing over it,killed 6x6 few days later,heh.

I'm a trucker; 27 years of it. I always make dam-ned sure I've done everything I have to do regarding the imminent trip before I head down the highway. Once I'm gone, getting back to the origin is essentially impossible. So I take my time! The old adage about haste making waste is usually never wrong. Another old trucker told me years ago, "You can almost never get in trouble... by going too slow." I've repeated that mantra to myself countless times since then, and it still holds up.

I'm delighted that the errant rifle found its way back home. Every so often, a little ray of sunshine strikes where we might not expect it to fall...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts