Lost my Land:(

After filling tags in NE, we went south to OK for our first time deer hunting in that state. Certainly warmer than NE was!

Two of us bought permits and we both got a buck. Left them hang overnight and then deboned them in the morning. Put them in coolers and brought them back to CA. Son did his to jerky and I made breakfast sausage out of mine.

Those OK deer are certainly smaller bodied. The small body throws off the proportions so it made the antlers seem way bigger on the trail cam pics we were seeing. Super happy with being able to hunt our own property for the first time.
I mean when you aren't there, every meth head in that county is spotlighting your place. And they all know each other down there, so they know when you aren't around. But congratulations on your deer. Oh, and don't leave anything you'd like to keep down there not locked up tight.

I mean when you aren't there, every meth head in that county is spotlighting your place. And they all know each other down there, so they know when you aren't around. But congratulations on your deer. Oh, and don't leave anything you'd like to keep down there not locked up tight.
The rancher (straight up guy, volunteer fireman, also has a job with the city) who is managing the property lives on a hilltop that looks down over our property. It is fenced for when he runs his cattle on it and the gate is locked....which he can see from his house. The neighbors to the East are real estate agents that live/work in Ft Smith and occasionally come out to their second home. the neighbors to the North are a corporate farm operation and we have a strip of swampy bottom land between our properties.

But yeah, driving through the area, there are places that look like a third world country.

When I was 15 to 18 I got to hunt on 5800 acres in Texas at the Mexican border. I sure miss that spot and best of all my dad was friends with the owner. We would do some maintenance or work at the ranch and hunt for free.
You probably wouldn't recognize the place these days. Not much of anything along the Mexican border is clean nor safe since the Biden Bunch invited the whole world into our country.

Lost my spot a couple years ago. New job hasn't afforded me the time to hunt up until this year. Not sure what I'm going to do to find a spot for this year.

The good news is some people are always looking for help with deer problems 🤣

I also offer their choice of cuts. ..
I give all my deer away to my buddy. He has a butcher shop & sells bologna & sticks. I shoot myself a young one, And he gets the rest. 7 tags this year. 1 Buck & 6 doe was the limit per person. We did not fill them all. But I didn't do bad for the time I put in. I also hunted my brothers. Which may not be available much longer. Thanks to his drinking problem.

Now you know how the Native Americans feel.
Why single out Native Americans? It's been happening all over the world to all ethnic groups since creation. Indians took land away from each other, Romans conquerd lands in Europe, Mongols took from Romans, etc., etc. and then Europeans settled in north and south america. So what. Get over it. Tired of hearing about the poor Native Americans. They have it a lot better now than starving in the winter, dying from diseases and infections, dying from child birth, etc. Modern medicine, home heating, food markets, refrigerators, etc. have made their lives much more comfortable and survivable than fighting/waring with other native tribes, living in a tent and scavenging for food daily.

Last edited:
I give all my deer away to my buddy. He has a butcher shop & sells bologna & sticks. I shoot myself a young one, And he gets the rest. 7 tags this year. 1 Buck & 6 doe was the limit per person. We did not fill them all. But I didn't do bad for the time I put in. I also hunted my brothers. Which may not be available much longer. Thanks to his drinking problem.
You do realize it is illegal for a butcher or anyone else to sell wild game in the USA? Doesn't matter if it's mixed in bologna or sticks, it can't have any wild game in it for sale.

Why single out Native Americans? It's been happening all over the world to all ethnic groups since creation. Indians took land away from each other, Romans conquerd lands in Europe, Mongols took from Romans, etc., etc. and then Europeans settled in north and south america. So what. Get over it. Tired of hearing about the poor Native Americans. They have it a lot better now than starving in the winter, dying from diseases and infections, dying from child birth, etc. Modern medicine, home heating, food markets, refrigerators, etc. have made their lives much more comfortable and survivable than living in a tent and scavenging for food daily.
Ok. All people who had their land taken away…better?

Why single out Native Americans? It's been happening all over the world to all ethnic groups since creation. Indians took land away from each other, Romans conquerd lands in Europe, Mongols took from Romans, etc., etc. and then Europeans settled in north and south america. So what. Get over it. Tired of hearing about the poor Native Americans. They have it a lot better now than starving in the winter, dying from diseases and infections, dying from child birth, etc. Modern medicine, home heating, food markets, refrigerators, etc. have made their lives much more comfortable and survivable than fighting/waring with other native tribes, living in a tent and scavenging for food daily.
Pretty much what I tell people. Having traveled to most of western Canada, and every state west of Texas, I have to add: most native Americans think of the White man as nothing more than a dollar bill. A lot of them are dirt poor due to alcohol and drugs. That, too, happens all over the world to many cultures, just like it has to the White man here in America. And now the Chinese are coming for our land, many dollars at a time.

You do realize it is illegal for a butcher or anyone else to sell wild game in the USA? Doesn't matter if it's mixed in bologna or sticks, it can't have any wild game in it for sale.
He's retired. We still live in a free world. Donations accepted. Posted speed limit is 65 I do 95. And when on two wheels I may hit 155 mph. Just so you know. lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts