lost my dad today

vegas steve

my father passed away today from a long battle with congestive heart failure.these last few weeks were pretty hard to deal with.he was a great man and introduced me to hunting and the outdoors at a very young age.we spent alot of time together hunting and testing loads at the range.lately here on lrh i may have been a little mean to a few guys and i apologize for behaving badly.one goes thru alot of different emotions when something like this happens and you don't realize how much of an *** your being to people.just wanted to let everyone know that i am sorry .

Sorry to hear about your dad. In a man's world it's pretty hard to lose your dad and friend. We do so much together. I think he'd be proud of you for sharing your feelings with your comrades here. A father just wants his son to be happy and enjoy his life. l'll bet he's pulling for you now even if he can't be here in person, his spirit lives on. God Bless, he knows.

Steve,

Sorry to hear of your loss,and prayers for you and your family. I lost my dad two years ago this January, we worked togeather and played togeather so not only did I lose a dad I lost a friend. It will get easier at least that is what I was told. No appoligies needed.

Rick

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Our heart and prayers go out to you and your family. May the Lord be with you at this time of sadness.

God Bless.

Jeff

My condolences for your loss......
I'm sure he is hunting in the great woods in the sky....where all the game is record book size! (and you never miss:D)

thank you guys for the kind words.my hats off to you judd for still offering condolances after the way i was with you.i had no idea how mean i was until i read some of my older posts.i guess watching dad suffer was tearing me up so much i was taking it out on everyone.my dad was a kind hearted,easy going man and i need to be more like him. dad was old school and didn't like computers,but if he would have ever joined the forum he would had some good stories to tell.

thank you guys for the kind words.my hats off to you judd for still offering condolances after the way i was with you.i had no idea how mean i was until i read some of my older posts.i guess watching dad suffer was tearing me up so much i was taking it out on everyone.my dad was a kind hearted,easy going man and i need to be more like him. dad was old school and didn't like computers,but if he would have ever joined the forum he would had some good stories to tell.

My condolences to you and you're family. You are probably more like your father than you think and it's beginning to show as your post above reflects. Sorry for your loss!

I've lost 2 dads in my life. My own and my wifes whom I loved like my own. It is a gut wrenching experience. I remember the preacher at my wifes fathers funeral saying to us may you find peace. There's nothing anybody can say to ease your pain but I'll pass those words on to you. May you and your family find peace. It will take time but you will and then you'll be able to reflect back on what a great man he was without such a heavy heart. Life is about the memories and stories we make every day. It's all that's left so all we can do is make as many great memories as we can and serve those we've lost by sharing the great stories they left behind. Feel free to share a story with us about your father. He'd probably like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.