Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

My Tundra is better than your Ford. Now we can go another 15 pages ;).
All scope companies make scopes that fail; Leupold likely has more failures because they probably make 1000 to 1 over NF. And NF "low cost" scope is $1500. And you can't compare a VX5 or 6 to an ATACAR; there you're in Mark 5 territory.
And all my rifles are scoped with Zeiss. Had Mark 4 and other Leupolds but passed those rifles on. And a Vari II X 2-7 did fail after 40 years and they replaced it (for an 11 year old girl who now owns the rifle/scope)

All 7 of mine are. Several are 20+ years old. There not used real lightly either. Anywhere there's a thread about a problem with a certain scope, the brand haters show up. Show me one manufacturer with zero history of problems. You won't find one. I love Sightron scopes also and they've had their fare share of issues as well. 5,000.00 Scopes fail. It is what it is. Move on from it or find another scope Manufacturer that has had problems and hope your not one of the unlucky ones that owns one. My buddy got home from a pronghorn hunt a couple years ago and realized his objective lens was cracked. He never dropped it or abused it. Just was cracked. He doesn't know if it was like that when he bought it or it cracked since he had it. Only used in two hunts and never handled out of the ordinary. NightForce of all scopes. Won't keep me from buying one again.

It doesnt matter the brand, everything is human made so problems and failures will occur. Ive had failures with leopold, vortex, bushnell, no name **** too. Ive had a top line weaver ( steel tube) I used for 30 years and passed it on to a friend which still uses it and its 40 years old.
So it goes both ways!

It does matter how they back their products. I had a vortex strike eagle I struggled with for ages. as it turned out as you dialed ip 30 moa or so it would lose zero back at zero it was fine
finally returned it a vortex sent me a viper pst gen 2 to replace it. now thats pretty solid service. In general I have never been to fond of supposed lifetime warrenties, been burnt a number of times, but vortex has my vote.
and, by the way I have 3 viper pst scopes. For a mid price scope they are a best buy in my book, and service excels.
yes id liks s&m or ATACR, but just cant afgord them!