Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

MTNRaine

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.

Been debating between these two but I really hate the short tube on the NX8. is the NF your favorite of the two? what makes you prefer it over the v6?
the 4-16x42 are 30 oz. the 2 ounces of weight gained could easily be rectified with something like a set of hawkins hybrid rings (only 3 ounces all dressed up!)

i understand the want for higher magnification though.

NX8- the finicky parallax on the 2.5-20 was a deal breaker for me on a hunting scope. The 4-32 isn't as bad it doesn't seem but I haven't owned that model just played with them a few times.

The Zeiss v4 and v6 I couldn't fall in love with. The v4 didn't impress me that much and watched a v6 go completely belly up on a elk hunt for no reason (wasn't dropped or anything)

The mark5 hd I have only had for a few months so not sure on the long term reliability. It's tracked fine so far and I love the size and weight of it. The TMR isn't my favorite reticle but that's more personal preference. Optically it's pretty impressive and I like the turret design and capped windage. I have a little trouble trusting Leupold but time will tell.

Atacr 4-16 has been my favorite hunting scope so far but they are a little heavier then your looking for. I'll take the weight penalty for what I have seen them go thru and not have one issue.