LOOONG range bull

rick523

Received an email today from Aaron Davidson, seems his 13 year old son killed his first bull at 1378 yds. Broz looks like you have some competition:rolleyes:. If I can figure out how to export the picture I will post it and the write up.

Received an email today from Aaron Davidson, seems his 13 year old son killed his first bull at 1378 yds. Broz looks like you have some competition:rolleyes:. If I can figure out how to export the picture I will post it and the write up.
hers the pic 1378 bull.jpg

Thats almost a quit while you're ahead story. It will be tough to follow up with anything as good. Thanks for sharing.

no problem here it is:

"Danner is quite the shot. With his twin brother Derec, I've got a pre-built sniper team. All they are interested in is shooting and hunting. We used to turn them loose with a bucket of 6XC at the range while we were working on guns. They were so small, they would stand up at the bench to shoot. Pretty quick, they were hitting at 700 yards, and holding for their own wind values.

To prepare for this hunt, we made sure the zero was correct (Danner is right handed, but left eye dominant), and let him punch steel all the way to 1350. We decided that a big bull was a much easier target than an 18" disc, and the disc was dead. At that range, wind is a huge factor!

I only had one day available to take Danner on this hunt. Our fall schedule is terrible. We made it up to our secret spot in the dark, and as the sun came up, the wolves started howling! I told Danner the secret was out, and we probably were out of luck for finding a bull. We spotted one at the top of the mountain, across the drainage. 1720 yards. We hiked up and around to try to close, and finally found a point on a ridge that put us right at 1378 yards, the bull was feeding across to the timber--no time! Danner got on him like a pro, and NO WIND, which meant we could take the shot. With any wind, we would have had to pass. He made a first shot hit, and a followup that broke the offside shoulder. It was a heck of a hike to get to him!

Couldn't have done it without the G7 ballistic rangefinder. There was no time to mess around with four different devices to get the same solution the G7 BR2 gives with one button press. Wouldn't have taken the shot without the confidence of hitting the steel in practice. With this shot, it kinda out dates our 1000 yards, out of the box tag line!" --Aaron Davidson"

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts