Looks for opinions on 4 more calibers

17 rem might be fun for coyotes and pests.
A great varmint round. Kind of funny how ground hogs just go flat like instant air out of a balloon without the pop. Drops coyotes the same way and explodes birds better than a 22-250/55gr BT. I only shoot a friends with 25gr bombs (old 700 BDL) and don't own one. I'm too cheap to buy two new cleaning rods and other needed maintenance junk for a 17 cal anything.

7-08 never crossed my mind. Figured it was similar to the 260 just a 7mm. The low recoil, high round count could be fun though.
Its a great training rifle for guys shooting ELR
You can get Palma brass on both sides of the 7mm-08, so it's not the end all.
2CDD18A4-09EF-4AEC-9026-41C355232EE1.jpeg

So I'm on a personal little mission to try as many different custom actions as possible, not too difficult minus the cost obviously so it's been a long go at it. Well I've got 4 more before I think I've hit most of them or atlesst between myself and my shooting buddy.

Problem is, I'm not sure on what calibers to run anymore and this is where I need some opinions.

Current line up is;

- 20 tactical: coyote rig
- 223 rem: trainer
- 6bra: main comp gun
- 6 creed: target/hunting gun
- 25 creed: 2nd comp gun
- 260 rem: hunting/target
- 300 Norma: hunting

I have a few ideas on what possible calibers but not set on how I want to do them. Actions left to run are ultimatum, bat, lone peak and Falkor 7even. Possible calibers debating on are 20 br/bra for the 55's and coyote hunting, 25x47 or 25 saum in more dedicated hunting set up, 270 wsm hunting gun light weight, and possibly a smokeless build.

Open for idea's on Builds (target or hunting) and caliber suggestions to try. Debated a 7 saum as well.
Insite arms have everything for a 7saw. I've always been interested in one of those.
I have an ultimatum in 6creed, really like it, hard to go back to a 700honestly. They recommend not running br rounds in their action though.
Have a 6bra on a 700, awesome round.

a 30-378 Wby is an *** kicker, and also a 338 Lapua will do wonders use a 338 Win Mag with 210 gr Noslers Parts and have never lost game. With a 338 one can do any game in North America, but will let you know its been fired . The 35 Whelen and my 300 Wby with 150 gr does wonders on deer etc. A good 7MM Rem mag or 280 does a nice job on game My 7mm are custom one has a 28 inch the other 26 in tubes. Many a Goat , Ram, Caribou, Elk have fallen to the 28's. Its not just the gun / caliber its bullet placement !!!!! so get out there with your toys and practice before the next big one comes along !!!!! shoot often and straight..

Recent Posts