Looks for opinions on 4 more calibers

matt_3479

So I'm on a personal little mission to try as many different custom actions as possible, not too difficult minus the cost obviously so it's been a long go at it. Well I've got 4 more before I think I've hit most of them or atlesst between myself and my shooting buddy.

Problem is, I'm not sure on what calibers to run anymore and this is where I need some opinions.

Current line up is;

- 20 tactical: coyote rig
- 223 rem: trainer
- 6bra: main comp gun
- 6 creed: target/hunting gun
- 25 creed: 2nd comp gun
- 260 rem: hunting/target
- 300 Norma: hunting

I have a few ideas on what possible calibers but not set on how I want to do them. Actions left to run are ultimatum, bat, lone peak and Falkor 7even. Possible calibers debating on are 20 br/bra for the 55's and coyote hunting, 25x47 or 25 saum in more dedicated hunting set up, 270 wsm hunting gun light weight, and possibly a smokeless build.

Open for idea's on Builds (target or hunting) and caliber suggestions to try. Debated a 7 saum as well.

HI GUYS
while you have your thinking caps on i have ben thinking about putting together a impact 737R
bbl action in a chassis
I do a little shooting off bench prone and want to learn to shoot off a tripod clay pigons and wood chucks mostly out to 600 yds ways thinking something in the 6 mm family i do reload ben shooting 6.5 cm just thought the 6 might be a little more accurite and less recoil

HI GUYS
while you have your thinking caps on i have ben thinking about putting together a impact 737R
bbl action in a chassis
I do a little shooting off bench prone and want to learn to shoot off a tripod clay pigons and wood chucks mostly out to 600 yds ways thinking something in the 6 mm family i do reload ben shooting 6.5 cm just thought the 6 might be a little more accurite and less recoil
Chucks- if you want a 6mm there are a lot of options. .243. 6 Creed, ect. Personally I would go with a 6mmBR 105gr Berger. Shoot chucks out to 1K.
We shoot chucks with a 204 out to 500yds then past that a 22-250, but 6mmBR would be my choice and will take one next time I go to NE PA Chuck Hunting. Would be able to shoot chucks in the next farmers' fields.

YES SIR COYOTE
i think thats a good idea also will H4350 work good for that seeing that i already have 5 lbs of that what do you suggest for bbl ways thinking an impact bbl action package unless a custom bbl would make more sence
yea the chucks pop up in my back yard i am right across the line into ny st

So I'm on a personal little mission to try as many different custom actions as possible, not too difficult minus the cost obviously so it's been a long go at it. Well I've got 4 more before I think I've hit most of them or atlesst between myself and my shooting buddy.

Problem is, I'm not sure on what calibers to run anymore and this is where I need some opinions.

Current line up is;

I have a few ideas on what possible calibers but not set on how I want to do them. Actions left to run are ultimatum, bat, lone peak and Falkor 7even. Possible calibers debating on are 20 br/bra for the 55's and coyote hunting, 25x47 or 25 saum in more dedicated hunting set up, 270 wsm hunting gun light weight, and possibly a smokeless build.

Open for idea's on Builds (target or hunting) and caliber suggestions to try. Debated a 7 saum as well.
You need a big bore or a medium bore. A big bore would be like a .404 Jeffery, .416 Rigby, .416 Rem., .458 Win. Mag. or .470 Nitro Express. And every hunter needs a 375 H&H mag. Even if you never go hunting where you really need them they are fun to shoot. I love my 375 Ruger.

Current line up is;

No question at all 270WSM, 270WSM, 270WSM, 270 WSM, 270WSM!! Let me think for a minute....yep 270WSM. Good luck and you will enjoy shooting a 270WSM.

No question at all 270WSM, 270WSM, 270WSM, 270 WSM, 270WSM!! Let me think for a minute....yep 270WSM. Good luck and you will enjoy shooting a 270WSM.
Dang
Forgot Jill's Kimber Montana 270WSM -GREAT Rifle and cartridge!!!
Reelamin thanks for reminding us all!!!

YES SIR COYOTE
i think thats a good idea also will H4350 work good for that seeing that i already have 5 lbs of that what do you suggest for bbl ways thinking an impact bbl action package unless a custom bbl would make more sence
yea the chucks pop up in my back yard i am right across the line into ny st
If you are using H-4350 in a 6mm them go with 243 Rem, 6mm Rem, 6mm Creed .
Well if going with 6mmBR I would go with Varget, h-4895, CFE 223 with 105 Berger Hybrids in at least a 26" barrel. If you can have someone chamber that way. Impact actions are AWESOME, Curtis, Defiance ect. Krieger cut Barrels, Bartlein as well as many others. I have several Krieger 31" 4 cut .237 bore 1.25" straight taper barrels for Jill's BR rifle. Going to cut the chamber with JGS custom designed for this cartridge & bullet. Should shoot lights OUT!
Depending on what you want. Build your own or have someone build it for you or factory.
If you want a Chassis I would go with a MPA (dozens of options) MPA/Spencer Barrel, Curtis Action, TT Trigger. MPA has ready made rifles that shoot lights OUT! TOP Quality. I know I have been to the manufacturing facility many times and have seen many "One Hole Shooters" MPA was the #1 Chassis in the PRS Circuit for the past years.
We CST will also be building rifles the second quarter of 2022.