looking to start reloading, how is the rcbs reloading starters kit

its easy for me to get and seems pretty good for a starter kit how think you?
G'day nathank, my first purchase was the RCBS rockchucker supreme kit(the powder thrower is useless IMO) & yes it had most of the big & some of the small items I guess but you soon realize there is a whole lot of other gear you need or it would be good to have if you want to make the best ammo you can. One thing about the starter kit is theres no case trimmer which you will eventually need but you can buy many of varying design, also does it have a priming tool?? I prefer a hand primer myself!
These are the things I see as being a necessity after buying such a kit-
Flash hole deburer
Primer pocket uniformer
Calipers(I prefer digital
Hornady OAL & headspace gauges & anvil(including modified case)
Bullet puller(I prefer collet style)
Ultra sonic case cleaner or tumbler(I prefer U/S!)

Then you start talking dies, while I have a RCBS press I think redding dies are the best out there for general reloading.

It all depends on what you want to get out of it as far as accuracy goes!
The biggest thing is do the research on the gear & components before you buy(as you are doing).

Good luck mate.

Aus.

For what it's worth, I have been using my Dad's RCBS Rockchucker that he bought new... in 1965. It's just as tight and smooth as it was when it was new, even after the thousands and thousands of rounds that have been run through it. That said, I recently won (on this forum) a Hornady Lock n' Load kit and although it was sans micrometer, it is very sturdy and accepts my collection of RCBS dies. I use them both now... One is set up for sizing, the other for bullet seating. I don't think you could go wrong with either set up.

its easy for me to get and seems pretty good for a starter kit how think you?
Reloading can become a costly affair. Specially if you are looking for better accuracy and decide to upgrade your equipment. I have reloaded for the better part of 50 years, upgraded my equipment…………bushing dies, micrometer seating dies, upscale powder scale, annealed, neck turned checked loads on concentricity gauges.now decades later I keep finding factory loads that are as good as any loads I turn out. Moreover, I find brass prepping as exciting as watching a drywalling competition, boring, yet it needs to be done with great care. 50 years ago , if you wanted accurate loads, you pretty well had to hand load, nowadays find an accurate factory combo, get a number of boxes with the same lot number and you are set for long time and cheaper of in the long run imho. I still hand load, I got all the snazzy gear, and needed components, Made my own bed, now I got to sleep on it.
Give it some thought. Remember if you are going to get into the game, for the most, you get what you pay for, by once cry once.