Looking to have a .375 CheyTac built

Colcalcipherol

I have decided to build my "dream rifle" and after much thought and debate, I have opted for the .375 CheyTac. After pricing the builds, I am looking around for a better deal: CheyTac wanted $8,800.00 and THOR wants $6k. I would like to get the price down without sacrificing quality. Any suggestions? I know that there are a lot of builders on this site . . .

Are you familiar with Kirby Allen and or his 375AM??? Kirby's 375AM is the 375CheyTac but improved. There are quite a few guys around this forum that have one of Kirby's 375AM and they all seem to really like them. Another nice thing about going with one of Kirby's Allen Magnums is you can buy already formed brass from him if you want and you don't have to fire form it yourself.

www.apsrifles.com

Buy the components you want to use and then find a smith that has the reamer and can put it together for you at a cost that is acceptable to you. Things like coating do nothing for performance yet it adds to the cost. So to get the cost down a lot of times you have to sacrifice something just make sure it's not something that affects the performance/accuracy. If you can live with a single shot it will be cheaper yet has a stiffer action etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.