Looking to get a Compound Bow

RugerHawg413

I am looking to get a compound bow, I have a crossbow that I love but I would like to buy a compound bow. I am looking at getting Bear Archery's Cruzer G2 RTH, just wondered if anyone had one or has a better suggestion. I just want to get one that is somewhat user friendly (since I am new to it), but also that will kill a bull elk (with the right shot placement). I am left eye dominant, so I will be shooting a left handed bow. Thanks for all the info and wisdom!

Seeing as how no one has responded I will give you my 2 cents worth. First of all I have no experience with the bow you mentioned. The 2 brands that I like and use are Mathews and Bow Tech. One thing I look at is the brace height of a bow. Personally I like to see it at 7 inches or more. I know that in the state I archery hunt in the bow has to have at a minimum 50 lb pull weight for elk. If you can get around an archery shop and shot some of the bows you will probably find something that feels good to you. Plus you will probably get a lot of help and information with getting an outfit that fits you and hopefully set up properly. Don't know if this helps any and maybe some one else with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck and be safe.

All good advice I've only ever seen one or two bows offered on the site go figure it's a long range hunting site but I have owned many over the years the one I have now is a Hoyt carbon element but As said above Matthews BowTech many newer brands that I'm not familiar with I've had this one for several years As mentioned brace heights is important less than 7 inches the bow is generally faster but very finicky to shoot seven or more will be much more forgiving

All good advice I've only ever seen one or two bows offered on the site go figure it's a long range hunting site but I have owned many over the years the one I have now is a Hoyt carbon element but As said above Matthews BowTech many newer brands that I'm not familiar with I've had this one for several years As mentioned brace heights is important less than 7 inches the bow is generally faster but very finicky to shoot seven or more will be much more forgiving
Exactly what Bill said. I am a fan of Hoyt and Mathews too and left eye dominant.

I had a Mathews z7 extreme set up you could have gotten for about what u get the Cruz we for. I have the frieze for my kids. Not a bad starter bow I say. Very adjustable and easy to upgrade. The parts are cheap as is the bow. But good starter. I also have a bowtech insanity. Another good bow. Mathews smaller and more compact bow good bows. Both shoot well. So u can't go wrong with tour thoughts. Just remember you kinda get what you pay for.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.