looking to buy very soon need to learn as much as i can

mphstigerfan

I am looking to buy two rifles over the next couple of yrs. one will be a lighter rifle I can carry easily and accurate to about 300 yds or so. the other is one I would like to reach beyond that with. the first I buy will be on a fairly slim budget so I was thinking to go for the lighter rifle. I was looking at a tikka in 270 win or 7mm-08, a 700sps, or a savage. but I just ran across a winchester 70 with a stainless hvy barrel and laminated stock. I know very little about later model winchesters and am curious what kind of accuracy could be expected. also what kind of mods would be available. I need advice soon because this seems to be a lot of rifle for the money NIB $400. any help would be greatly appreciated

I P.M.'ed you, and tried to answer your thread in another forum on LRH main page, with the limmited info you gave. good luck ...Oh and welcome to LRH. Im kinda new here myself but most of the guys that have been here a while are a wealth of information. hope you enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.